agnes is currently at a very early stage, and many improvements and enhancements are planned / under development.
Some currently planned features / changes (not a complete list) are:
- Splitting CSV loading code into separate crate and improve documentation so it can be used as an example of a source adapter (for future source type development).
- Additional source types:
- Structed text data (XML, JSON, etc.)
- Serialization formats (Protobuf, BSON, HDF5)
- Additional documentation and examples.
- Interface with matrix / machine learning libraries (matrix, tensorflow, etc.)
- Data visualization through rhubarb.
DataViewreshaping and aggregation (see R's
reshapepackage / SQL GROUP BY)
- Hash joins (currently only uses sort-merge joins)
- Outer joins
- Replacement of partial functions with specializations once specializations stabilize.
- Expanded test suite.
- Integration of Apache Arrow data structures.