JBoss Application Server
- Fast Startup
- Small Footprint
- Modular Design
- Unified Configuration and Management
And of course Java EE!
If you already have Maven 3 installed
If you don't have Maven 3
If you really must use Windows and don't have Maven 3
Starting and Stopping JBoss
Change to the bin directory after a successful build
$ cd build/target/jboss-[version]/bin
Start the server in domain mode
Start the server in standalone mode
To stop the server, press Ctrl + C, or use the admin console
$ ./jboss-admin.sh --connect command=:shutdown
More information on the wiki: http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7UserGuide
Running the Testsuite
The testsuite module contains several submodules including the following:
- "smoke" -- core tests that should be run as part of every build of the AS. Failures here will fail the build.
- "integration" -- the full integration testsuite. Should be run with no failures before any major commits.
- "benchmark" -- tests used to compare performance against other releases or previous builds
- "stress" -- tests of the server's ability to perform properly while under stress
To run the basic testsuite including smoke tests from the root directory, run the build script "./build.sh" or "build.bat":
For basic smoke tests, simply: "./build.sh test"
For integration tests: "./build.sh test -Pintegration-tests"
For benchmark tests: "./build.sh test -Pbenchmark-tests"
For stress tests: "./build.sh test -Pstress-tests"
To run all the tests
$ ./build.sh install -PallTests
- Install the latest version of eclipse
- Make sure Xmx in eclipse.ini is at least 512M, and it's using java 6
- Launch eclispe and install the m2eclipse plugin, make sure it uses your repo configs (get it from: http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites/m2e)
- In eclipse preferences Java->Compiler->Errors/Warnings->Deprecated and restricted set forbidden reference to WARNING
- In eclipse preferences Java->Code Style, import the cleanup, templates, and formatter configs in ide-configs/eclipse
- In eclipse preferences Java->Editor->Save Actions enable "Additional Actions", and deselect all actions except for "Remove trailing whitespace"
- Use import on the root pom, which will pull in all modules
- Wait (m2eclipse takes awhile on initial import)