- New plugin system which adds much more structure and stability to the overall API. The goal of this system is to make it easier to write powerful plugins for Vagrant while providing a backwards-compatible API so that plugins will always load (though they will almost certainly not be functional in future versions of Vagrant).
- Plugins installed as gems no longer "autoload". You must now explicitly
require plugins in the
Vagrant.require_plugin. This decreases Vagrant's initial startup time considerably.
- Improve the SSH "ready?" check. [GH-841]
- Human friendly error if connection times out for HTTP downloads. [GH-849]
- Detect when the VirtualBox installation is incomplete and error. [GH-846]
LogLevel QUIETfor SSH to suppress the known hosts warning. [GH-847]
- VMs in the "guru meditation" state can be destroyed now using
- Fix issue where changing SSH key permissions didn't properly work. [GH-911]
- Disable the NAT DNS proxy when the DNS server is already proxied to localhost on Linux machines. This fixes issues with 12.04. [GH-909]
- Fix issue where Vagrant didn't properly detect VBoxManage on Windows if VBOX_INSTALL_PATH contained multiple paths. [GH-885]
vagrantcommands that can take a target VM name can take one even if you're not in a multi-VM environment. [GH-894]
- Hostname is set before networks are setup to avoid very slow
sudospeeds on CentOS. [GH-922]
- Fix typo in setting host name for Gentoo guests. [GH-931]
config.ssh.shellnow includes the flags to pass to it, such as
- The check for whether a port is open or not is more complete. [GH-948]
- Files that are included with
vagrant package --includenow properly preserve file attributes on earlier versions of Ruby. [GH-951]
- SSH uses LogLevel FATAL so that errors are still shown.
- Multiple interfaces now work with Arch linux guests. [GH-957]
- Fix issue where subprocess execution would always spin CPU of Ruby process to 100%. [GH-832]
- Fix issue where shell provisioner would sometimes never end. [GH-968]
- FIx issue where puppet would reorder module paths. [GH-964]
- Human-friendly error is raised if there are permission issues when using SCP to upload files. [GH-924]
- When console input is asked for (destroying a VM, bridged interfaces, etc.), keystrokes such as ctrl-D and ctrl-C are more gracefully handled. [GH-1017]
- Fixed bug where port check would use "localhost" on systems where "localhost" is not available. [GH-1057]
- Sending a SIGINT (Ctrl-C) very early on when executing
vagrantno longer results in an ugly stack trace.
- SSH retries in the face of a
EHOSTUNREACHerror, improving the robustness that SSHing succeeds when booting a machine.
- Add missing translation for "saving" state on VirtualBox. [GH-1110]
- Proper error message if the remote end unexpectedly resets the connection while downloading a box over HTTP. [GH-1090]
- Allow "file://" URLs for box URLs. [GH-1087]
- Emit "vagrant-mount" upstart event when NFS shares are mounted. [GH-1118]
- Chef JSON configuration output is now pretty-printed to be human readable. [GH-1146]
1.0.5 (September 18, 2012)
- Work around a critical bug in VirtualBox 4.2.0 on Windows that causes Vagrant to not work. [GH-1130]
- Plugin loading works better on Windows by using the proper file path separator.
- NFS works on Fedora 16+. [GH-1140]
- NFS works with newer versions of Arch hosts that use systemd. [GH-1142]
1.0.4 (September 13, 2012)
- VirtualBox 4.2 driver. [GH-1120]
ssh-confighelp to use
- Use "127.0.0.1" instead of "localhost" for port checking to fix problem where "localhost" is not properly setup. [GH-1057]
- Disable read timeout on Net::HTTP to avoid
- Retry SSH on
- Add missing translation for "saving" state. [GH-1110]
1.0.3 (May 1, 2012)
- Don't enable NAT DNS proxy on machines where resolv.conf already points to localhost. This allows Vagrant to work once again with Ubuntu 12.04. [GH-909]
1.0.2 (March 25, 2012)
- Provisioners will still mount folders and such if
--no-provisionis used, so that
vagrant provisionworks. [GH-803]
- Nicer error message if an unsupported SSH key type is used. [GH-805]
- Gentoo guests can now have their host names changed. [GH-796]
- Relative paths can be used for the
vagrant sshnow works on Solaris, where
IdentitiesOnlywas not an available option. [GH-820]
- Output works properly in the face of broken pipes. [GH-819]
- Enable Host IO Cache on the SATA controller by default.
- Chef-solo provisioner now supports encrypted data bags. [GH-816]
- Enable the NAT DNS proxy by default, allowing your DNS to continue working when you switch networks. [GH-834]
- Checking for port forwarding collisions also checks for other applications that are potentially listening on that port as well. [GH-821]
- Multiple VM names can be specified for the various commands now. For
vagrant up web db service. [GH-795]
- More robust error handling if a VM fails to boot. The error message is much clearer now. [GH-825]
1.0.1 (March 11, 2012)
- Installers are now bundled with Ruby 1.9.3p125. Previously they were bundled with 1.9.3p0. This actually fixes some IO issues with Windows.
- Windows installer now outputs a
vagrantbinary that will work in msys or Cygwin environments.
- Fix crashing issue which manifested itself in multi-VM environments.
- Add missing
environment.rbto avoid possible load errors. [GH-781]
vagrant destroyshows a nice error when called without a TTY (and hence can't confirm). [GH-779]
- Fix an issue with the
Vagrant::Environmentnot working properly. [GH-778]
VAGRANT_CWDenvironmental variable can be used to set the CWD to something other than the current directory.
- Downloading boxes from servers that don't send a content-length now works properly. [GH-788]
:facteroption now works for puppet server. [GH-790]
--provision-withflags are available to
:openbsdguest which supports only halting at the moment. [GH-773]
ssh-config -hnow shows help, instead of assuming a host is being specified. For host, you can still use
1.0.0 (March 6, 2012)
vagrant gemshould now be used to install Vagrant plugins that are gems. This installs the gems to a private gem folder that Vagrant adds to its own load path. This isolates Vagrant-related gems from system gems.
- Plugin loading no longer happens right when Vagrant is loaded, but when a Vagrant environment is loaded. I don't anticipate this causing any problems but it is a backwards incompatible change should a plugin depend on this (but I don't see any reason why they would).
vagrant destroynow asks for confirmation by default. This can be overridden with the
- Fix issue with Puppet config inheritance. [GH-722]
- Fix issue where starting a VM on some systems was incorrectly treated as failing. [GH-720]
- It is now an error to specify the packaging
outputas a directory. [GH-730]
- Unix-style line endings are used properly for guest OS. [GH-727]
- Retry certain VirtualBox operations, since they intermittently fail. [GH-726]
- Fix issue where Vagrant would sometimes "lose" a VM if an exception occurred. [GH-725]
vagrant destroydestroys virtual machines in reverse order. [GH-739]
- Add an
fsidoption to Linux NFS exports. [GH-736]
- Fix edge case where an exception could be raised in networking code. [GH-742]
- Add missing translation for the "guru meditation" state. [GH-745]
- Check that VirtualBox exists before certain commands. [GH-746]
- NIC type can be defined for host-only network adapters. [GH-750]
- Fix issue where re-running chef-client would sometimes cause problems due to file permissions. [GH-748]
- FreeBSD guests can now have their hostnames changed. [GH-757]
- FreeBSD guests now support host only networking and bridged networking. [GH-762]
VM#run_actionis now public so plugin-devs can hook into it.
- Fix crashing bug when attempting to run commands on the "primary" VM in a multi-VM environment. [GH-761]
- With puppet you can now specify
:facteras a dictionary of facts to override what is generated by Puppet. [GH-753]
- Automatically convert all arguments to
- openSUSE host system. [GH-766]
- Fix subprocess IO deadlock which would occur on Windows. [GH-765]
- Fedora 16 guest support. [GH-772]
0.9.7 (February 9, 2012)
- Fix regression where all subprocess IO simply didn't work with Windows. [GH-721]
0.9.6 (February 7, 2012)
- Fix strange issue with inconsistent childprocess reads on JRuby. [GH-711]
vagrant sshdoes a direct
exec()syscall now instead of going through the shell. This makes it so things like shell expansion oddities no longer cause problems. [GH-715]
- Fix crashing case if there are no ports to forward.
- Fix issue surrounding improper configuration of host only networks on RedHat guests. [GH-719]
- NFS should work properly on Gentoo. [GH-706]
0.9.5 (February 5, 2012)
- Fix crashing case when all network options are
:auto_config false. [GH-689]
- Type of network adapter can be specified with
- The NFS version can be specified with the
:nfs_versionoption on shared folders. [GH-557]
- Greatly improved FreeBSD guest and host support. [GH-695]
- Fix instability with RedHat guests and host only and bridged networks. [GH-698]
- When using bridged networking, only list the network interfaces that are up as choices. [GH-701]
- More intelligent handling of the
certnameoption for puppet server. [GH-702]
- You may now explicitly set the network to bridge to in the Vagrantfile
0.9.4 (January 28, 2012)
- Important internal changes to middlewares that make plugin developer's lives much easier. [GH-684]
- Match VM names that have parens, brackets, etc.
- Detect when the VirtualBox kernel module is not loaded and error. [GH-677]
:auto_configto false on any networking option to not automatically configure it on the guest. [GH-663]
- NFS shared folder guest paths can now contain shell expansion characters
- NFS shared folders with a
:createflag will have their host folders properly created if they don't exist. [GH-667]
- Fix the precedence for Arch, Ubuntu, and FreeBSD host classes so they are properly detected. [GH-683]
- Fix issue where VM import sometimes made strange VirtualBox folder layouts. [GH-669]
- Call proper
idcommand on Solaris. [GH-679]
- More accurate VBoxManage error detection.
- Shared folders can now be marked as transient using the
0.9.3 (January 24, 2012)
- Proper error handling for not enough arguments to
- Fix issue causing crashes with bridged networking. [GH-673]
- Ignore host only network interfaces that are "down." [GH-675]
- Use "printf" instead of "echo" to determine shell expanded files paths which is more generally POSIX compliant. [GH-676]
0.9.2 (January 20, 2012)
- Support shell expansions in shared folder guest paths again. [GH-656]
- Fix issue where Chef solo always expected the host to have a "cookbooks" folder in their directory. [GH-638]
forward_agentnot working when outside of blocks. [GH-651]
- Fix issue causing custom guest implementations to not load properly.
- Filter clear screen character out of output on SSH.
- Log output now goes on
stderr, since it is utility information.
- Get rid of case where a
NoMethodErrorcould be raised while determining VirtualBox version. [GH-658]
- Debian/Ubuntu uses
ifdownagain, instead of
ifconfig xxx down, since the behavior seems different/wrong.
- Give a nice error if
:vagrantis used as a JSON key, since Vagrant uses this. [GH-661]
- If there is only one bridgable interface, use that without asking the user. [GH-655]
- The shell will have color output if ANSICON is installed on Windows. [GH-666]
0.9.1 (January 18, 2012)
ifconfig device downinstead of
- Clearer invalid log level error. [GH-645]
- Fix exception raised with NFS
NoMethodErrorexception in puppet server.
vagrant box helpon Ruby 1.8.7. [GH-647]
0.9.0 (January 17, 2012)
- VirtualBox 4.0 support backported in addition to supporting VirtualBox 4.1.
config.vm.networksyntax changed so that the first argument is now the type of argument. Previously where you had
config.vm.network "18.104.22.168"you should now put
config.vm.network :hostonly, "22.214.171.124". This is in order to support bridged networking, as well.
config.vm.forward_portno longer requires a name parameter.
- Bridged networking.
:bridgedas the option will setup a bridged network.
- Host only networks can be configured with DHCP now. Specify
:dhcpas the IP and it will be done.
config.vm.customizenow takes a command to send to
VBoxManage, so any arbitrary command can be sent. The older style of passing a block no longer works and Vagrant will give a proper error message if it notices this old-style being used.
config.ssh.forwarded_port_keyis gone. Vagrant no longer cares about forwarded port names for any reason. Please use
config.ssh.forwarded_port_destinationhas been replaced by
config.ssh.guest_portwhich more accurately reflects what it is used for. Vagrant will automatically scan forwarded ports that match the guest port to find the SSH port.
- Logging. The entire Vagrant source has had logging sprinkled throughout to make debugging issues easier. To enable logging, set the VAGRANT_LOG environmental variable to the log level you wish to see. By default, logging is silent.
guestthroughout the source. Any
config.vm.systemconfigurations must be changed to
- Puppet provisioner no longer defaults manifest to "box.pp." Instead, it is now "default.pp"
- All Vagrant commands that take a VM name in a Multi-VM environment can now be given a regular expression. If the name starts and ends with a "/" then it is assumed to be a regular expression. [GH-573]
- Added a "--plain" flag to
vagrant sshwhich will cause Vagrant to not perform any authentication. It will simply
sshinto the proper IP and port of the virtual machine.
- If a shared folder now has a
:createflag set to
true, the path on the host will be created if it doesn't exist.
box add, which will overwite any existing boxes if they exist. [GH-631]
upwhich configures what provisioners run, by shortcut. [GH-367]
- Arbitrary mount options can be passed with
:extrato any shared folders. [GH-551]
- Options passed after a
vagrant sshare now passed directly to
- Ubuntu guests will now emit a
vagrant-mountedupstart event after shared folders are mounted.
attemptsis a new option on chef client and chef solo provisioners. This will run the provisioner multiple times until erroring about failing convergence. [GH-282]
- Removed Thor as a dependency for the command line interfaces. This resulted in general speed increases across all command line commands.
- Linux uses
shutdown -hinstead of
haltto hopefully more consistently power off the system. [GH-575]
- Tweaks to SSH to hopefully be more reliable in coming up.
- Helpful error message when SCP is unavailable in the guest. [GH-568]
- Error message for improperly packaged box files. [GH-198]
- Copy insecure private key to user-owned directory so even
sudoinstalled Vagrant installations work. [GH-580]
- Provisioner stdout/stderr is now color coded based on stdout/stderr. stdout is green, stderr is red. [GH-595]
- Chef solo now prompts users to run a
reloadif shared folders are not found on the VM. [GH-253]
- "--no-provision" once again works for certain commands. [GH-591]
- Resuming a VM from a saved state will show an error message if there would be port collisions. [GH-602]
vagrant ssh -cwill now exit with the same exit code as the command run. [GH-598]
vagrant ssh -cwill now send stderr to stderr and stdout to stdout on the host machine, instead of all output to stdout.
vagrant box addpath now accepts unexpanded shell paths such as
~/fooand will properly expand them. [GH-633]
- Vagrant can now be interrupted during the "importing" step.
- NFS exports will no longer be cleared when an expected error occurs. [GH-577]
0.8.10 (December 10, 2011)
- Revert the SSH tweaks made in 0.8.8. It affected stability
0.8.8 (December 1, 2011)
- Mount shared folders shortest to longest to avoid mounting subfolders first. [GH-525]
- Support for basic HTTP auth in the URL for boxes.
- Solaris support for host only networks. [GH-533]
vagrantcommands will not output color when stdout is not a TTY.
- Fix issue where
box_urlset with multiple VMs could cause issues. [GH-564]
- Chef provisioners no longer depend on a "v-root" share being available. [GH-556]
- NFS should work for FreeBSD hosts now. [GH-510]
- SSH executed methods respect
vagrant box addnow respects the "no_proxy" environmental variable. [GH-502]
- Tweaks that should make "Waiting for VM to boot" slightly more reliable.
- Add comments to Vagrantfile to make it detected as Ruby file for
- More correct guest addition version checking. [GH-514]
- Chef solo support on Windows is improved. [GH-542]
- Put encrypted data bag secret into
/tmpby default so that permissions are almost certainly guaranteed. [GH-512]
0.8.7 (September 13, 2011)
- Fix regression with remote paths from chef-solo. [GH-431]
- Fix issue where Vagrant crashes if
.vagrantfile becomes invalid. [GH-496]
- Issue a warning instead of an error for attempting to forward a port <= 1024. [GH-487]
0.8.6 (August 28, 2011)
- Fix issue with download progress not properly clearing the line. [GH-476]
- NFS should work properly on Fedora. [GH-450]
- Arguments can be specified to the
shellprovisioner via the
- Vagrant behaves much better when there are "inaccessible" VMs. [GH-453]
0.8.5 (August 15, 2011)
Note: 0.8.3 and 0.8.4 was yanked due to RubyGems encoding issue.
- Fix SSH
exec!to inherit proper
- Chef client now accepts an empty (
nil) run list again. [GH-429]
- Fix incorrect error message when running
provisionon halted VM. [GH-447]
- Checking guest addition versions now ignores OSE. [GH-438]
- Chef solo from a remote URL fixed. [GH-431]
- Arch linux support: host only networks and changing the host name. [GH-439] [GH-448]
- Chef solo
data_bags_pathcan only be be single paths. [GH-446]
virtualbox_not_detectederror message to require 4.1.x. [GH-458]
- Add shortname (
hostname -s) for hostname setting on RHEL systems. [GH-456]
vagrant ssh -coutput no longer has a prefix and respects newlines from the output. [GH-462]
0.8.2 (July 22, 2011)
- Fix issue with SSH disconnects not reconnecting.
- Fix chef solo simply not working with roles/data bags. [GH-425]
- Multiple chef solo provisioners now work together.
- Update Puppet provisioner so no deprecation warning is shown. [GH-421]
- Removed error on "provisioner=" in config, as this has not existed for some time now.
- Add better validation for networking.
0.8.1 (July 20, 2011)
- Repush of 0.8.0 to fix a Ruby 1.9.2 RubyGems issue.
0.8.0 (July 20, 2011)
- VirtualBox 4.1 support only. Previous versions of VirtualBox are supported by earlier versions of Vagrant.
- Performance optimizations in
virtualboxgem. Huge speed gains.
:chef_serverprovisioner is now
- SSH connection is now cached after first access internally,
reload, etc. quite a bit.
- Actions which modify the VM now occur much more quickly,
greatly speeding up
- SUSE host only networking support. [GH-369]
- Show nice error message for invalid HTTP responses for HTTP downloader. [GH-403]
:inlineoption for shell provisioner to provide inline scripts as a string. [GH-395]
- Host only network now properly works on multiple adapters. [GH-365]
- Can now specify owner/group for regular shared folders. [GH-350]
ssh_confighost name will use VM name if given. [GH-332]
-eflag changed to
-cto align with
sshstandard behavior. [GH-323]
- Forward agent and forward X11 settings properly appear in
- Chef JSON can now be set with
chef.json =instead of the old
- Provisioner configuration is no longer cleared when the box
needs to be downloaded during an
- Multiple Chef provisioners no longer overwrite cookbook folders. [GH-407]
packagewon't delete previously existing file. [GH-408]
- Vagrantfile can be lowercase now. [GH-399]
- Only one copy of Vagrant may be running at any given time. [GH-364]
- Default home directory for Vagrant moved to
- Specify a
forwarded_port_destinationfor SSH configuration and SSH port searching will fall back to that if it can't find any other port. [GH-375]
0.7.8 (July 19, 2011)
- Make sure VirtualBox version check verifies that it is 4.0.x.
0.7.7 (July 12, 2011)
- Fix crashing bug with Psych and Ruby 1.9.2. [GH-411]
0.7.6 (July 2, 2011)
- Run Chef commands in a single command. [GH-390]
nfsoption for Chef to mount Chef folders via NFS. [GH-378]
- Add translation for
abortedstate in VM. [GH-371]
- Use full paths with the Chef provisioner so that restart cookbook will work. [GH-374]
- Add "--no-color" as an argument and no colorized output will be used. [GH-379]
- Added DEVICE option to the RedHat host only networking entry, which allows host only networking to work even if the VM has multiple NICs. [GH-382]
- Touch the network configuration file for RedHat so that the
sedworks with host only networking. [GH-381]
- Load prerelease versions of plugins if available.
- Do not load a plugin if it depends on an invalid version of Vagrant.
- Encrypted data bag support in Chef server provisioner. [GH-398]
- Use the
-Hflag to set the proper home directory for
0.7.5 (May 16, 2011)
config.ssh.portcan be specified and takes highest precedence if specified. Otherwise, Vagrant will still attempt to auto-detect the port. [GH-363]
- Get rid of RubyGems deprecations introduced with RubyGems 1.8.x
- Search in pre-release gems for plugins as well as release gems.
- Support for Chef-solo
- Can specify path to Chef binary using
- Can specify additional environment data for Chef using
0.7.4 (May 12, 2011)
- Chef environments support (for Chef 0.10) [GH-358]
- Suppress the "added to known hosts" message for SSH [GH-354]
- Ruby 1.8.6 support [GH-352]
- Chef proxy settings now work for chef server [GH-335]
0.7.3 (April 19, 2011)
- Retry all SSH on Net::SSH::Disconnect in case SSH is just restarting. [GH-313]
- Add NFS shared folder support for Arch linux. [GH-346]
- Fix issue with unknown terminal type output for sudo commands.
- Forwarded port protocol can now be set as UDP. [GH-311]
- Chef server file cache path and file backup path can be configured. [GH-310]
- Setting hostname should work on Debian now. [GH-307]
0.7.2 (February 8, 2011)
- Update JSON dependency to 1.5.1, which works with Ruby 1.9 on Windows.
- Fix sudo issues on sudo < 1.7.0 (again).
- Fix race condition in SSH, which specifically manifested itself in the chef server provisioner. [GH-295]
- Change sudo shell to use
- Can now set mac address of host only network. [GH-294]
- NFS shared folders with spaces now work properly. [GH-293]
- Failed SSH commands now show output in error message. [GH-285]
0.7.1 (January 28, 2011)
- Change error output with references to VirtualBox 3.2 to 4.0.
- Internal SSH through net-ssh now uses
IdentitiesOnlythanks to upstream net-ssh fix.
- Fix issue causing warnings to show with
forwardx11enabled for SSH. [GH-279]
- FreeBSD support for host only networks, NFS, halting, etc. [GH-275]
- Make SSH commands which use sudo compatible with sudo < 1.7.0. [GH-278]
- Fix broken puppet server provisioner which called a nonexistent method.
- Default SSH host changed from
localhostis not always loopback.
shellprovisioner which simply uploads and executes a script as root on the VM.
- Gentoo host only networking no longer fails if alrady setup. [GH-286]
- Set the host name of your guest OS with
vagrant ssh-confignow outputs the configured
0.7.0 (January 19, 2011)
- VirtualBox 4.0 support. Support for VirtualBox 3.2 is dropped, since the API is so different. Stay with the 0.6.x series if you have VirtualBox 3.2.x.
- Puppet server provisioner. [GH-262]
- Use numeric uid/gid in mounting shared folders to increase portability. [GH-252]
- HTTP downloading follows redirects. [GH-163]
- Downloaders have clearer output to note what they're doing.
- Shared folders with no guest path are not automounted. [GH-184]
- Boxes downloaded during
vagrant upreload the Vagrantfile config, which fixes a problem with box settings not being properly loaded. [GH-231]
config.ssh.forward_x11to enable the ForwardX11 SSH option. [GH-255]
- Vagrant source now has a
contribdirectory where contributions of miscellaneous addons for Vagrant will be added.
- Vagrantfiles are now loaded only once (instead of 4+ times) [GH-238]
- Ability to move home vagrant dir (~/.vagrant) by setting VAGRANT_HOME environmental variable.
- Removed check and error for the "OSE" version of VirtualBox, since with VirtualBox 4 this distinction no longer exists.
- Ability to specify proxy settings for chef. [GH-169]
- Helpful error message shown if NFS mounting fails. [GH-135]
- Gentoo guests now support host only networks. [GH-240]
- RedHat (CentOS included) guests now support host only networks. [GH-260]
- New Vagrantfile syntax for enabling and configuring provisioners. This change is not backwards compatible. [GH-265]
- Provisioners are now RVM-friendly, meaning if you installed chef or puppet with an RVM managed Ruby, Vagrant now finds then. [GH-254]
- Changed the unused host only network destroy mechanism to check for uselessness after the VM is destroyed. This should result in more accurate checks.
- Networks are no longer disabled upon halt/destroy. With the above change, its unnecessary.
- Puppet supports
module_pathconfiguration to mount local modules directory as a shared folder and configure puppet with it. [GH-270]
127.0.0.1as the host instead of
0.6.9 (December 21, 2010)
- Puppet provisioner. [GH-223]
- Solaris system configurable to use
- Solaris system registered, so it can be set with
vagrant packageinclude can be a directory name, which will cause the contents to be recursively copied into the package. [GH-241]
- Arbitrary options to puppet binary can be set with
- BSD hosts use proper GNU sed syntax for clearing NFS shares. [GH-243]
- Enumerate VMs in a multi-VM environment in order they were defined. [GH-244]
- Check for VM boot changed to use
timeoutlibrary, which works better with Windows.
- Show special error if VirtualBox not detected on 64-bit Windows.
- Show error to Windows users attempting to use host only networking since it doesn't work yet.
0.6.8 (November 30, 2010)
- Network interfaces are now up/down in distinct commands instead of just restarting "networking." [GH-192]
- Add missing translation for chef binary missing. [GH-203]
- Fix default settings for Opscode platform and comments. [GH-213]
- Blank client name for chef server now uses FQDN by default, instead of "client" [GH-214]
- Run list can now be nil, which will cause it to sync with chef server (when chef server is enabled). [GH-214]
- Multiple NFS folders now work on linux. [GH-215]
- Add translation for state "stuck" which is very rare. [GH-218]
- virtualbox gem dependency minimum raised to 0.7.6 to verify FFI < 1.0.0 is used.
- Fix issue where box downloading from
vagrant updidn't reload the box collection. [GH-229]
0.6.7 (November 3, 2010)
- Added validation to verify that a box is specified.
- Proper error message when box is not found for
- Fix output of
vagrant statuswith multi-vm to be correct. [GH-196]
0.6.6 (October 14, 2010)
vagrant status NAMEworks once again. [GH-191]
- Conditional validation of Vagrantfile so that some commands don't validate. [GH-188]
- Fix "junk" output for ssh-config. [GH-189]
- Fix port collision handling with greater than two VMs. [GH-185]
- Fix potential infinite loop with root path if bad CWD is given to environment.
0.6.5 (October 8, 2010)
- Validations on base MAC address to avoid situation described in GH-166, GH-181 from ever happening again.
- Properly load sub-VM configuration on first-pass of config loading. Solves a LOT of problems with multi-VM. [GH-166] [GH-181]
- Configuration now only validates on final Vagrantfile proc, so multi-VM validates correctly.
- A nice error message is given if ".vagrant" is a directory and therefore can't be accessed. [GH-172]
- Fix plugin loading in a Rails 2.3.x project. [GH-176]
0.6.4 (October 4, 2010)
- Default VM name is now properly the parent folder of the working directory of the environment.
- Added method to
TestHelpersto assist with testing new downloaders.
up --no-provisionworks again. This disables provisioning during the boot process.
- Action warden doesn't do recovery process on
SystemExitexceptions, allowing the double ctrl-C to work properly again. [related to GH-166]
- Initial Vagrantfile is now heavily commented with various available options. [GH-171]
- Box add checks if a box already exists before the download. [GH-170]
- NFS no longer attempts to clean exports file if VM is not created, which was causing a stack trace during recovery. [related to GH-166]
- Basic validation added for Chef configuration (both solo and server).
- Top config class is now available in all
Vagrant::Config::Basesubclasses, which is useful for config validation.
- Subcommand help shows proper full command in task listing. [GH-168]
- SSH gives error message if
sshbinary is not found. [GH-161]
- SSH gives proper error message if VM is not running. [GH-167]
- Fix some issues with undefined constants in command errors.
0.6.1, 0.6.2, 0.6.3 (September 27, 2010)
A lot of quick releases which all were to fix issues with Ruby 1.8.7 compatibility.
0.6.0 (September 27, 2010)
- VM name now defaults to the name of the containing folder, plus a timestamp. This should make it easier to identify VMs in the VirtualBox GUI.
- Exposed Vagrant test helpers in
Vagrant::TestHelpersfor plugins to easily test themselves against Vagrant environments.
- Plugins have landed. Plugins are simply gems which have a
vagrant_init.rbfile somewhere in their load path. Please read the documentation on vagrantup.com before attempting to create a plugin (which is very easy) for more information on how it all works and also some guidelines.
vagrant packagenow takes a
--vagrantfileoption to specify a Vagrantfile to package. The
--includeapproach for including a Vagrantfile no longer works (previously built boxes will continue to work).
vagrant packagehas new logic with regards to the
--includeoption depending on if the file path is relative or absolute (they can be intermixed):
- Relative paths are copied directly into the box, preserving
their path. So
--include lib/foowould be in the box as "lib/foo"
- Absolute paths are simply copied files into the root of the
--include /lib/foowould be in the box as "foo"
- Relative paths are copied directly into the box, preserving their path. So
- "vagrant_main" is no longer the default run list. Instead, chef run list starts empty. It is up to you to specify all recipes in the Vagrantfile now.
- Fixed various issues with certain action middleware not working if the VM was not created.
- SSH connection is retried 5 times if there is a connection refused. Related to GH-140.
http_proxyenvironmental variable is set, it will be used as the proxy box adding via http.
config.ssh.password. It hasn't been used for a few versions now and was only kept around to avoid exceptions in Vagrantfiles.
- Configuration is now validated so improper input can be found in Vagrantfiles.
- Fixed issue with not detecting Vagrantfile at root directory ("/").
- Vagrant now gives a nice error message if there is a syntax error in any Vagrantfile. [GH-154]
- The format of the ".vagrant" file which stores persisted VMs has changed. This is backwards incompatible. Will provide an upgrade utility prior to 0.6 launch.
- Every [expected] Vagrant error now exits with a clean error message and a unique exit status, and raises a unique exception (if you're scripting Vagrant).
- Added I18n gem dependency for pulling strings into clean YML files. Vagrant is now localizable as a side effect! Translations welcome.
- Fixed issue with "Waiting for cleanup" message appearing twice in some cases. [GH-145]
- Converted CLI to use Thor. As a tradeoff, there are some backwards
vagrant package- The
--includeflag now separates filenames by spaces, instead of by commas. e.g.
vagrant package --include x y z
vagrant ssh- If you specify a command to execute using the
--executeflag, you may now only specify one command (before you were able to specify an arbitrary amount). e.g.
vagrant ssh -e "echo hello"
vagrant ssh-confighas become
vagrant ssh_configdue to a limitation in Thor.
0.5.4 (September 7, 2010)
- Fix issue with the "exec failed" by running on Tiger as well.
- Give an error when downloading a box which already exists prior to actually downloading the box.
0.5.3 (August 23, 2010)
- Add erubis as a dependency since its rendering of
- Fixed poorly formatted Vagrantfile after
vagrant init. [GH-142]
- Fixed NFS not working properly with multiple NFS folders.
- Fixed chef solo provision to work on Windows. It was expanding a linux path which prepended a drive letter onto it.
0.5.2 (August 3, 2010)
vagrant upcan be used as a way to resume the VM as well (same as
vagrant resume). [GH-134]
- Sudo uses "-E" flag to preserve environment for chef provisioners. This fixes issues with CentOS. [GH-133]
- Added "IdentitiesOnly yes" to options when
vagrant sshis run to avoid "Too Many Authentication Failures" error. [GH-131]
- Fix regression with
packagenot working. [GH-132]
- Added ability to specify box url in
init, which populates the Vagrantfile with the proper
0.5.1 (July 31, 2010)
- Allow specifying cookbook paths which exist only on the VM in
config.chef.cookbooks_path. This is used for specifying cookbook paths when
config.chef.recipe_urlis used. [GH-130] See updated chef solo documentation for more information on this.
- No longer show "Disabling host only networks..." if no host only networks
are destroyed. Quiets
halt, etc output a bit.
- Updated getting started guide to be more up to date and generic. [GH-125]
- Fixed error with doing a
vagrant upwhen no Vagrantfile existed. [GH-128]
- Fixed NFS erroring when NFS wasn't even enabled if
/etc/exportsdoesn't exist. [GH-126]
vagrant resumeto properly resume a suspended VM. [GH-122]
reloadto where they failed if the VM was in a saved state. [GH-123]
config.chef.recipe_urlwhich allows you to specify a URL to a gzipped tar file for chef solo to download cookbooks. See the chef-solo docs for more information. [GH-121]
vagrant box repackagewhich repackages boxes which have been added. This is useful in case you want to redistribute a base box you have but may have lost the actual "box" file. [GH-120]
The changelog began with version 0.5.1 so any changes prior to that can be seen by checking the tagged releases and reading git commit messages.