Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Taro is a Java framework that makes it easy to programmatically create and style Excel spreadsheets.
Taro is actually a higher-level API that sits on top of Apache POI. Apache POI does all the heavy lifting in terms of converting your spreadsheet specification into an actual, valid excel *.xlsx file. Taro gives you a very simple API that can create the spreadsheet in far fewer lines of code than using POI directly.
Taro adds these features to POI:
- Manages Cell Styles for you so styles are easier to define and duplicate styles never get added to your workbook.
- Provides builder pattern chaining for cell styles so extremely complicated styles can be defined in a single line of code.
- Gives you a single setValue() method to set strings, numbers, dates, and formulas on a cell, with Taro figuring out the type for you.
- Automatically handles resizing column widths and row heights with a single method call, including proper sizing of multi-line text cells.
- Allows use of either cell address strings ("A1") or 0-based row/column indexes.
- Provides methods for writing arrays of values either down a column or across a row with one line of code.
- Set borders on cell ranges with a single call.
- Add images to a spreadsheet.