Finder Toolbar app to open the current directory in the Terminal.
- It's written in objective-c, and uses the scripting bridge so it's fast.
- It's also shell agnostic. Works equally well when your shell is
By Jay Tuley https://github.com/jbtule/cdto
Download Latest cdto.zip
To install "cd to ....app" copy to your Applications folder, and then from the applications folder ⌘ drag it into the Finder toolbar or drag from another finder window to toolbar being customized.
To use, just click on the new button and instantly opens a new terminal window.
To turn on feature that identifies automatically opened Terminal windows, and closes them when using cd to.
defaults write name.tuley.jay.cd-to cdto-close-default-window -bool true
To change the window scheme for Terminal Windows from default.
Eg. if you wanted cd to windows to be "Red Sands"
defaults write name.tuley.jay.cd-to cdto-new-window-setting -string "Red Sands"
- Universal Binary for Apple Silicon and Intel
- Round Corner Icon
- Restored name to "cd to.app"
- bug fix 3.0 introduced bug for opening windows without selection
- Fix Regression: Hide icon in dock
- if package is selected, cd parent directory, if in package cd own directory
- Less entitlements
- Setting to enable feature that closes extra opened windows
- Setting to enable choosing a different terminal theme for opened windows
- terminal app only supported, no plugins
- rewritten to only use apple events
- Hardened, and Notarized
- works on Mojave (and hopefully Catalina)
- Fixed bug where get info window interferes
- works on selected folder again
- iTerm 2 plugin update
- Lion Version
- Use terminal open apple event
- works with tcsh as well as bash
- New Icons
- Snow Leopard Version
- Clear Scroll-back on Terminal plugin (Thanks to Marc Liyanage for the original tip)
- Fixed issues with special characters in file path bug that existed for Terminal and iTerm plugin
- iTerm plugin will try to avoid opening two windows on iTerm launch
- Leopard icon
- Fixed bug involving apostrophes in path
- PathFinder plugin (Finder->Pathfinder) contributed by Brian Koponen
- Plugin archtexture allowing support for other terminals
- Default plugins for iTerm & X11/xterm
- Terminal plugin will try to avoid opening two windows on terminal.app's launch
Version 2.0 (2005)
- Ported to objective-c using appscript, boosting launch & execution speed
- properly resolves aliases
- no longer shows icon in dock on launch
Version 1.0 (2003)
- targeted Panther OS X 10.3
- was applescript
Pre 1.0 (2001) Really old applescript