An experiment in open data published by the city of Gaithersburg, MD.
This project is open source.
Run Open Gaithersburg locally
- Install the required Python packages found in requirements.txt.
- Visit http://campaignfinancing.gaithersburgmd.gov/ and download all data sets to the data directory.
- Run python load.py to load, process, clean, and geocode the data.
- Run python og.py to run the web app.
- Visit http://localhost:8000
- Generate static JSON dumps of campaign profiles from which the pages will be generated. No more messy database calls!
- Add expenditure data
- Then add loan and obligation data