Hunt the Yeti skill for Amazon Echo
As of May 16, 2017, this code is distributed under the GPL. You may use the code under the GPL terms and conditions which are best explained here. The most notable requirement of the GPL is that you must disclose your source code. You may use this in a commercial product, but ultimately I want this to be an educational experience.
Copyright (C) 2017 James Church
Hunt the Yeti is an interpretation of Hunt the Wumpus, a classic game for teaching artificial intelligence. The game is played on a five-by-five grid of rooms called a cave. Scattered around the cave are:
- 1 hunter: You control the hunter.
- 1 yeti: Your goal is to defeat the yeti.
- 2 open pits: If the hunter falls into a pit, the hunter dies.
- 2 bats: If the hunter enters a room with bats, the bats pick the hunter up and carries the hunter to a random room.
How to play
To begin the game, say "Alexa, launch the Yeti Hunt Game", then "Begin Game".
You can move the hunter in any of the four cardinal directions: north, south, east, or west. To move, say 'move north', or 'step east', or 'go west', or simply 'south'.
Once the hunter has figured out the direction of the yeti, the hunter should throw a spear. To throw the spear, say 'launch the spear north', or 'throw south', or 'attack east'.
Understanding This Code
It is recommended that you study the sample code provided by Amazon Echo Skill Team.
To prepare this project for uploading, move into the
Make sure that you install the
alexa-sdk library using node package manager.
npm install alexa-sdk
Then zip the project.
zip -r yeti.zip *
Then upload the zip file produced.
This game is based on Hunt the Wumpus (MIT, 1972).
- Nature Walking Animal Strong (No attribution required)
- Hunter Bumps Into Wall: hurt3 (Attribution License.)
- Spear Throw: Metal Lever 1 (Creative Commons 0 License.)
- Spear Misses: Water Drop Dark (Creative Commons 0 License.)
- Yeti Growl: Toni-DeepGrowl2 (Attribution License.)
- Yeti Attack: attack 2 (Attribution License.)
- Yeti Dies: Slow Zombie Death (Creative Commons 0 License.)
- Bat Fluttering: Breathe Hope Paper (Sampling+ License.)
- Bat Screeching: pterodactyl (Creative Commons 0 License.)
- Pit Draft: Whistling Wind (Creative Commons 0 License.)
- Hunter Falling in Pit: Sad Cry 5 (Attribution License.)
- Victory Chime: Action 03 (Attribution License.)