Text outlining and task management for Vim based on Emacs’ Org-Mode.
The idea for this plugin was born by listening to the Floss Weekly podcast introducing Emacs Org-Mode. Org-Mode has a lot of strong features like folding, views (sparse tree) and scheduling of tasks. These are completed by hyperlinks, tags, todo states, priorities aso.
vim-orgmode aims at providing the same functionality for Vim.
Currently vim-orgmode does not support all ormode features but is quite usable. Short list of the already supported features:
- Syntax highlighting
- Cycle visibility of headings (folding)
- Navigate between headings
- Edit the structure of the document: add, move, promote, denote headings and more
- Hyperlinks within vim-orgmode and outside (files, webpages, etc.)
- TODO list management
- Tags for headings
- Lists in alphanumeric and bullet item notation and checkbox support
- Basic date handling
- Export to other formats (via Emacs’ Org-Mode)
Installation and Usage
Installation and usage instructions are found in the file doc/orgguide.txt.
Information about the license is found in file LICENSE.
All changes are found in file CHANGELOG.org