r/RoguelikeDev Does The Complete Roguelike Tutorial
Rather than use Python and Libtcod, I've decided to use Go and BearLibTerminal. I will also be updating a series of blog posts on my website jeremyceri.se as each week progresses. I am using this project as an excuse to learn Go, and Bearlibterminal.
I am blogging about the whole experience over at jeremyceri.se, if you're interested in following along.
To build this project, first make sure you have Go installed and configured. The BearLibTerminal Go package needs to be present on your GOPATH.
From the command line, navigate to the root of this project, and excecute
go build bearrogue.go
If you would like to participate on GitHub
- Sign up for a free personal account if you don't already have one.
- Fork this repository to your account.
- Clone the repository on your computer and follow the tutorial.
- Follow along with the weekly posts.
- Update the
README.mdfile to include a description of your game, how/where to play/download it, how to build/compile it, what dependencies it has, etc.
- Share your game on the final week.
If you're new to Git, GitHub, or version control…