Paperwiki is a platform to foster open discussions about academic papers.
Architecture: Uses google scholar to search for articles (use scholar.py) "Create Page" will generate a DB for an article that would be saved into mongodb. A page will have the following format. Title. Authors & Affiliations. Year. Journal. Page. Etc.
Paperwiki section [People can enter information about the article]
- search google scholar
- create or see wiki pages on each paper
- each wiki page will also host a reddit-like forum for discussions
- main page will have a feed for recent wiki updates
- users who contribute to the wiki will be notified when changed
- users can star (bookmark) papers to their paperwiki library.
- network map of literature.
- retraction watch buttons and such.
- install dependencies
- update username and password in
in browser navigate to localhost:5000
- Set environ variable for port. Config Vars: ON_HEROKU : True