Setting up Google API
1) Apply for Google API Access
2) Point your redirect URL to some fake domain, and don't forget to set up the port numbers, if applicable.
Setting up the Environment
1) In order to test locally, put
wheeler.com (or whatever domain you chose in the previous step) in your
2) copy over the default yaml file and edit:
$ cp ./config/dev-defaults.yml ./config/dev.yml $ vi ./config/dev.yml
3) Replace the Google credentials with yours from previous steps.
4) If you haven't already done this, run
bundle install and create your database:
$ bundle install $ rake db:create $ rake db:migrate
Starting the server
Be sure to start the rails server with the correct port number from above.
$ rails s -p 3003