The purpose of this application is to demonstrate how the BlackBerry 10 Security Builder API together with standard features of Qt and Cascades might be used to implement a basic user ID and password based login screen whilst allowing the user credentials to be stored safely locally (as in this case) or remotely using one-way encryption of the password rendering it unusable to those with access to the credentials store.
In addition to demonstrating a simple application of the Security Builder APIs, this sample also includes:
- A custom control. The Timer class is exposed to QML and used to remove status messages after a 5 second delay.
- Dynamic management of Tabs in a TabbedPane
- Simple animations. Go on.... touch one of the padlock graphics. You know you want to.....
- Minimise the application when either "logged in" or not logged in and note the image on the minimised application's Active Frame
- Use of QSettings for simple persistent storage of name/value pairs
The sample code for this application is Open Source under the Apache 2.0 License.
- V1.0.1 - Updates for Gold SDK and 720x720 screen on Dev Alpha "C"
- V1 - Initial release
- BlackBerry 10 Device Software 10.0.9
- BlackBerry 10 Native SDK 10.0.9 (Gold)
How to Build PasswordSample
Simply Import the project into a workspace in your NDK. Of course you should review the project after it's been imported paying particular attention to the settings in the bar-descriptor.xml file. It should be changed to reflect values in the <author> and <authorId> elements that are appropriate for you.
But I don't want to build it myself
If you don't want to build this sample application yourself we've included a pre-build and signed BAR files for each version. You can find them in the folder "/installable-bar-files" as follows:
- PasswordSample-1_0_1_29.bar -- Signed BAR file for Version 1.0.1 (V1.0.1) of the application ( requires BlackBerry 10 Device Software 10.0.9 )
To contribute code to this repository you must be signed up as an official contributor.
Please see the README of the Cascades-Community-Samples repository for instructions on how to add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample and send a message (via github messages) to the Sample Author(s) to let them know that you have filed an Issue.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.