SmsMessageService -- User directed SMS
The purpose of this application is to demonstrate how to use the BlackBerry 10 messaging APIs to send and receive user directed SMS messages and delivery receipts from within a BlackBerry 10 native application.
The sample code for this application is Open Source under the Apache 2.0 License.
- V1.0.0 - Initial release
- V1.0.1 - Modified messageUpdated to log Attachment.data() message payload to allow for calls made when a message is updated due to a further concatenated message segment arriving.
- V1.0.2 - Implemented workaround to API defect that can cause sent messages to not be visible in the hub.
- Minimal requirement for BlackBerry 10 Device Software is 10.0.9
- Minimal requirement for BlackBerry 10 Native SDK is 10.0.9
How to Build SmsMessageService
Simply import the project into a workspace in your NDK. Of course you should review the project after it's been imported; for example, paying attention to the settings in the bar-descriptor.xml file.
But I don't want to build it myself!
If you don't want to build this sample application yourself we've included a pre-built and signed BAR file. You can find it in the folder "installable-bar-files" as follows:
- SmsMessageService-1_0_0_2.bar -- Signed BAR file for Version 1.0 (V1.0) of the application (requires BlackBerry 10 Software 10.0.9 or later).
To contribute code to this repository you must be signed up as an official contributor.
Please see the README of the Cascades-Community-Samples repository for instructions on how to add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample and send a message (via github messages) to the Sample Author(s) to let them know that you have filed an Issue. If you have a solution to an issue you can contribute your fix and issue a Pull Request to have it reviewed and integrated into the main repo.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.