Communicator -- Telephony Sample
Cascades provides basic Phone APIs that you can use to show the dial pad, start a call, or listen to call-related notifications.
You will learn how to:
- Use the Phone class to init a call, open dialpad with preselected number and invoke system call logs
- Listen to Call Updated signal
- Invoke SMS Composer with a preselected number and loading the previous chat if any. For details about SMS & MMS , Please check the SmsMessageService sample
- Play multiple sound files(.wav) Simultaneously using OpenAL Lib
The sample code for this application is Open Source under the Apache 2.0 License.
- V1.0.0 - Initial release
- Minimal requirement for BlackBerry 10 Device Software is 10.2.0
- Minimal requirement for BlackBerry 10 Native SDK is 10.2.0
How to Run the Communicator Sample
Simply import the project into a workspace in your NDK.
- Download the source code
- Launch Momentics IDE, and from the File menu, select Import.
- Expand General, and select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Browse to the location of the source code project, and then click OK.
- The sample project should display in the the Projects section.
- Click Finish to import the project into your workspace.
To contribute code to this repository you must be signed up as an official contributor.
Please see the README of the Cascades-Community-Samples repository for instructions on how to add new Samples or make modifications to existing Samples.
Bug Reporting and Feature Requests
If you find a bug in a Sample, or have an enhancement request, simply file an Issue for the Sample and send a message (via github messages) to the Sample Author(s) to let them know that you have filed an Issue. If you have a solution to an issue you can contribute your fix and issue a Pull Request to have it reviewed and integrated into the main repo.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.