Heavily inspired by this blog post with a simple RSVP tool built with node.
As a node developer starting to learn Rust, this looked like a fun experiment.
git clonethis project.
psql -f db/init.sql
Add config files (at root of project)
EMAIL_HOST=smtp.example.com EMAIL_PORT=587 EMAIL_ADDRESSemail@example.com EMAIL_PASSWORD=123secrect POSTGRES_CONNECTION_STRING=postgres://postgres@localhost:5432/rsvp
This will be the list of people that get emailed invitations:
name,email Joe Bob,firstname.lastname@example.org Tom Bomb,email@example.com
cargo run -- migrate
- will read the info from your invitees.csv file and add them to the database as pending invitations
cargo run -- mailer
- will send invitations to the people that haven't been invited yet, and update their record as 'invited'
cargo run -- server
- runs a Nickel server that accepts invitations.
- Create a template for the email body
- Serve a page that lets you enter your email, and if it's in the database, will resend the invitation.