A postgres based analysis of transit service from a GTFS feed using TCQSM based methodologies and batch analysis tools.
This is a series of .sql scripts and R code designed to provide the user with information about the transit service described in a GTFS feed using methodologies from the Transit Capacity and Quality of Service Manual 2nd Ed (The project visiting the third editions is at http://tcqsm.org).
There is also a batch analysis element which will loop through the analysis of many agencies and return aggregate results which can be analyzed by the R code.
The postgres scripts rely on:
- a properly formed GTFS feed
- use of the gtfs_sql_importer (https://github.com/cbick/gtfs_SQL_importer)
- PostgreSQL 9.1 w/ PostGIS support enabled
The batch importer also uses the excellent OneBusAway GTFS Transformer tool, which is licensed under the Apache 2 license and is checked in in the lib/ directory.
Limitations of the scripts:
- Works when stops are coded individually, not with time-point only feeds
- Requires use of shapes.txt file for any distance related functions
- Does not currently work on files using frequency-based schedules.