Bongo: Recording the beat of your Canopy jungle
Given a list of AP LUID Subnets: Discover hosts within subnet that are alive Poll every host for the vital statistics Assume every radio has default community Record data in RRD - one per MAC address Subfolders by MAC prefix
All customer SMs on a AP have the same SNMP community Your SM Backhauls should not, instead they should be graphed in your EMS/Cacti/Etc, not Bongo. Disk is cheap. Allocate RRD to store stats at 5-minute intervals for 5 years.
Record current SM stats in per-SM sqlite DB Record current SM stats in per-run sqlite DB for on the fly queries
Split out config logging into seperate program that runs less often.
2-Stage polling - Poll for SW version. On response Poll OIDs relevent on version. Also means frwer outbound packets.
- RSSI: 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.0
- Jitter: 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.0
- dBm: 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.0
- Parent AP: 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.0
- NAT mode: 220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.0