To keep up to date on Aurelia, please visit and subscribe to the official blog. If you have questions, we invite you to join us on Gitter. If you would like to have deeper insight into our development process, please install the ZenHub Chrome Extension and visit any of our repository's boards. You can get an overview of all Aurelia work by visiting the framework board.
Running The App
To run the app, follow these steps.
- Ensure that NodeJS is installed. This provides the platform on which the build tooling runs.
- From the project folder, execute the following command:
- Ensure that Gulp is installed. If you need to install it, use the following command:
npm install -g gulp
- Ensure that jspm is installed. If you need to install it, use the following command:
npm install -g jspm
Note: jspm queries GitHub to install semver packages, but GitHub has a rate limit on anonymous API requests. It is advised that you configure jspm with your GitHub credentials in order to avoid problems. You can do this by executing
jspm registry config githuband following the prompts.
- Install the client-side dependencies with jspm:
jspm install -y
Note: Windows users, if you experience an error of "unknown command unzip" you can solve this problem by doing
npm install -g unzipand then re-running
- To run the app, execute the following command:
- Browse to http://localhost:9000 to see the app. You can make changes in the code found under
srcand the browser should auto-refresh itself as you save files.
Note: At present there is a bug in the HTMLImports polyfill which only occurs on IE. We have submitted a pull request to the team with the fix. In the mean time, if you want to test on IE, you can work around the issue by explicitly adding a script tag before you load system.js. The script tag should look something like this (be sure to confirm the version number):