#Spice Spice is a personal file sharing service. It aims to be a simple and clean alternative to cloud.app or dropbox for sharing files with friends.
- Upload many files just by dragging and dropping them on to the page.
- Upload files via cut and paste
- Private, public, and limited (viewable by link only) sharing.
- Syntax highlight code views
- Checkout this repo
- Copy settings-example.cfg to settings.cfg and update values
- Export flask env vars: export FLASK_APP=spice export FLASK_ENV=development
- Initialize database:
- Create a user:
- Run the dev server:
For production you will want to use something besides flask to run the server.
This repo includes a spice.service file that uses uwsgi, you can update the
paths and copy that to
/lib/systemd/service/ and then you should be able to
systemctl daemon-reload systemctl enable spice systemctl start spice
- Markdown rendering
- Handle audio files nicely
- Export endpoint (should zip all files with correct names (when possible)
- File sets so you can easily share multiple files
- note field/custom key
- See if we can tweak the short-id alphabet (remove