The intention of the TextAdventure project is to create a new form of text adventure fit for the twenty first century.
- an advanced text parser, drawing on innovations in parsing since the classic text adventures
- stories and worlds hosted in the cloud, with multiple users able to access the stories via desktops, laptops, tablets and phones
- complex worlds, containing locations, objects, people with a huge variety of characteristics and inter-relations
- the ability to merge in "real-world" locations and fictional locations
- characters with full back histories "acted" by real people and able to interact fully with other characters within the story worlds
- the ability to easily create worlds and stories