Emmanuel is a Geospatial Software Engineer with a solid background in Remote Sensing and GIS. He loves to volunteer, drive communities and do cool stuffs with technology. He also flourish in a multidisciplinary team. He is currently building Spatialnode (powered by Django, Next JS, Celery & Celery beat, Redis, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Mapbox GL JS, Tailwind CSS and more) for the geospatial community to showcase their works, tap inspirations and discover opportunities. When he's not on his PC, he is either playing table tennis
- GIS & Remote Sensing: Geoserver, Geonode, QGIS(and plugin development), OpenStreetMap(OSM), JOSM, ArcGIS Desktop & Pro, Carto, Mapbox, BigQuery GIS, ENVI, Erdas Imagine, Google Earth Engine, ILWIS etc.
- Programming libraries and framework: Django (GeoDjango), FastAPI, React JS, Next JS, Tailwind CSS, Chakra UI, Styled Components, SCSS, Bootstrap, Rasterio, Sentinel-py, Shapely, Geopandas, Leaflet, OpenLayers, Mapbox GL JS, MapLibre JS, Node JS etc.
- Databases: PostgreSQL (PostGIS, PgRouting), MySQL, MongoDB, BigQuery, Redis.
- Cloud, CMD & Containers: GDAL, Bash, AWS, GCP, Heroku, Docker, Celery, Celery Beat.
- Collaborating & Business Tools: Git & GitHub, Tableau, PowerBI, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Canva, Slack, Microsoft Teams.
- Others: Podcast recording & editing, Video editing, social media management and community management
- Geoserver rest - Python & Geoserver REST
- OSM Galaxy API - Python-FastAPI
- OSM export tool API - Python, FastAPI
- GIS Chat Community Bot - Python
- NESP OSM Data Import - Python
- Geospatial Developers Mentorship Programme - Django Rest Framework & React
- GISfest2022 conference workshop - Docker, CMD
- State of the Map Africa Website - Ruby on Rails
On The Web
- Spatialnode Portfolio
- YouTube Channel
- Publications - Google Scholar
- Africa GeoConvo Podcast
- Spatialnode Project
- An attempt to automate Land Surface Temperature(LST) with Python
- Africa GeoConvo Website-First project with NextJS
- Web GIS roadmap blog with Tek Kshetri published on GIS Lounge
- Working with OpenStreetMap data with python
- Old python scripts repo including 30days of code challenge solution
Talks,Posters & Interviews
- Podcast: Perspectives on GIS in Africa with Africa GeoConvo with Directions Magazine Podcast
- GIS Technology in Africa with WeDeyCode
- Spatialnode-The New Community For GIS Professionals with Africa GeoConvo Podcast
- GIS & Climate Change-Twitter Spaces
- Why Geospatial? How to become a force in the GIS Industry Slides | Video
- Space in Africa: Discussion about Spatialnode
- Introduction to GIS with the University of Ibadan GIS community
- 2020 Young Scholar Poster Presentation Cheers!