A curated list of fun libs/packages/languages that have no real purpose but to make a developer chuckle.
- Esoteric languages
- Browser extensions
- Stevie Wonder Simulator - Feel for a moment as the great Stevie Wonder with this simulator for Android.
- Mindf@*k Keyboard - Terrible terrible soft-keyboard that randomises keys on every press.
- holdr - Solves the problem of knowing when you're holding your phone.
- DICSS - Directly injected CSS
- OOP - OOP in Elixir!
- gomatrix - Connect to The Matrix and display it's data streams in your terminal.
- hackertyper - "Hack" like a programmer in movies and games!
- retina-spacer-gif - Spacer gif for retina displays
- FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition - A no-nonsense implementation of FizzBuzz made by serious businessmen for serious business purposes.
- ComcastifyJS - Sometimes images just load too damned fast.
- Elevator.js - Finally, a "back to top" button that behaves like a real elevator.
- Echochamber.js - Commenting without the comments - providing a single-sided user comments just stored in local storage.
- Autocomplete from Stack Overflow - Autocomplete your JS from Stack Overflow.
- Object.toSting() - Logs an image of Sting to the development console.
- Batonnet.js - Universal, intercultural and user-friendly way to display numbers.
- HTML9 Responsive Boilerstrap JS - H9RBS.js (v0.0001) is a flexible, dependency-free, lightweight, device-agnostic, modular, baked-in, component framework MVC library shoelacestrap to help you kickstart your responsive CSS-based app architecture backbone kitchensink tweetybirds.
- fattest-cat - Script to find fattest cat currently up for adoption at SF SPCA.
- fartscroll.js - Everyone farts. And now your web pages can too.
- Groot Ipsum - Generates random texts containing "I am Groot".
- cannot-even - A module that refuses to even.
- undefined-is-a-function - "undefined is not a function"? — It is now!
- is-thirteen - Check if a number is equal to 13.
- Phpunit VW - VW makes failing test cases succeed in continuous integration tools.
- PyTest-VW - VW makes failing test cases succeed in continuous integration tools.
- left-pad - Python's solution to infamous npm problem.
- Nyan Cat RSpec Formatter - Nyan Cat inspired RSpec formatter!
- Base - The universal Base class you've always wanted.
- Table Flipper - Add table flip to Ruby exceptions.
- ArnoldC - Arnold Schwarzenegger based programming language.
- TrumpScript - Make Python great again.
- Vigil - Vigil, the eternal morally vigilant programming language.
- Spooky - The Programming Language of Fear
- OnlyToday - A date and time based programming language.
- Fuck off as a Service - Provides a modern, RESTful, scalable solution to the common problem of telling people to fuck off.
Booleans as a Service - Create, read, update & delete boolean.
- /dev/null as a Service - The first DaaS provider.
- Cloud to butt - Chrome extension that replaces occurrences of 'the cloud' with 'my butt'.
- Outcognito Mode - Incognito Mode for extroverts.
- NonAd Block - Blocks any content that is not an ad.
- Youtube Notch Mode - Youtube Notch Mode is a chrome extension that adds the ugly, black cut out seen at the top of the iPhone X to every Youtube video. Why? Because it's more beautiful.
- Pong-command - Pong is Not Ping.
- Alice - Alice sings when you mistakenly type al.
- cmprss - IrrvrsbleCmprssionForTxt.
- lolcat - Rainbows and unicorns!
- evil.sh - Subtle and not-so-subtle shell tweaks that will slowly drive people insane.
- lolcommits - Git-based selfies for software developers.
- sl - SL (Steam Locomotive) runs across your terminal when you type "sl" as you meant to type "ls".
- genact -
🌀A nonsense activity generator for your shell.
- fat - Expand your files.
- No More Secrets - A command line tool that recreates the famous data decryption effect seen in the 1992 movie Sneakers.
- sudont - Grants superuser permission, then does nothing.
- Sudo-Productivity - Boost your "productivity" to the max! A productivity suite made for slackers by slackers.
- pipes.sh - Animated pipes terminal screensaver.
- Chucknorris - A Chuck Norris fortune plugin for zsh
- No Code - The best way to write secure and reliable applications. Write nothing; deploy nowhere.
- Filefile - File to keep track of all the files you have in your repo that end in "file" eg. Filefile.
- Xkcd Excuse - The easiest way to get your slacking excuse in hip xkcd format!
- Shrugapillar.js - A library for generating shrugapillars.
- quinedb - A quine that is also a key-value store. Breaking down the walls between code and data.
- πfs - π contains every possible digit sequence in existence. I'm sure your data is in there somewhere.
- parrot.live -
🐦Bringing animated parrots to terminals everywhere.