Here is a collection of interactives built for the Bard Graduate Center Focus Gallery
It includes 5 applications, built for the Commodore 64, Mac Plus, Palm Pilot, iPad, and Kinect.
It's an OK set of examples for someone trying to write code for these platforms around 2015. I owe a ton of thanks to many people who have put up great tutorials for each system, as detailed at the end of this document.
Thanks and Resources
This is a partial list, please submit github issues or pull requests to help me fill this out!
I could not have created this without the help of
- Kimon Keramidas and the Bard Graduate Center, for giving me the opportunity to work on this amazingly fun archeological experiment.
- All the students who created the scripts and everyone who created the Interface Experience Wiki: Jane Kilmar, Andrew Gardner, Caitlin Dichter, Emily Banas, Cindy Kok, Martina D'amato, Rebecca Mir, and Alana Jiwa.
- the Kryoflux Project, for making a killer floppy disk controller to let me dump Hypercard and other variable speed floppy disks, and it working flawlessly.
- the Future was 8-bit for their SD2IEC sd card drive for the commodore...
- eBay, for the only place I could find a shrink-wrapped Claris Hypercard 2.1, an excellent condition palm pilot m500 + 802.11b MODULE?!?
- mini vMac/the Gryphel Project, a kickass linux/osx mac plus emulator
- Bill Atkinson for making Hypercard! And Claris for extending it!
- PHEM, the palm hardware emulator for Android
- Eric Poncet, for his amazing Palm Tutorial
- Docker, for making it easy to create a crazy gcc 2.95 + pilrc palm pilot compiler environment
- Debian, for keeping sources and packages still alive for years after end-of-life