A collection of scripts and tools to assist in monitoring Mac OS X and essential services with Nagios.
Overviews and use cases for a lot of these can be found in posts at my site: http://jedda.me
Some of the features of these scripts include:
- Checking the currency of backups with Time Machine, CrashPlan, and Carbon Copy Cloner
- Checking memory utilization on Mac OS X
- Checking SMC sensors (temperatures/fans) on Apple hardware
- Checking the health of Open Directory masters and replicas on Mac OS X Server
- Checking Open Directory binding & authentication
- Checking the status of tasks scheduled or executed by launchd
- Checking certificate expiry on Mac OS X Server
- Checking DHCP & Software Update services on Mac OS X Server
- Checking Kerio Connect statistics & performance data
- Native (no perl, no python) file age check
- Notify via popular notifications platforms Boxcar & Pushover
- & more!
These scripts and tools were specifically designed to be dependency free, so in the case of all but one or two, they will run on a stock Mac OS X client/server system from 10.4+ onwards. Most of them are pure BASH, with a few Obj-C exceptions that will need to be compiled prior to use.
The project's Issues Tracker is the best place to let me know of any specific issues or bugs that you find. I am more than happy to chat about ideas on integrating these scripts into your environment - feel free to send me an email (email@example.com), or contact me with iMessage or AIM (firstname.lastname@example.org).