Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
When the 3D View is focused, you can use the following hotkeys:
||Orbit to Plan|
||Fit View to Everything|
||Fit View to Selected|
Lead display (provisional)
Breakout can now show leads if the data file contains them!
However, there is currently no UI for creating/editing leads -- right now this is mostly just intended for use with my custom scripts that generate the Breakout data for Fisher Ridge.
Ability to Illuminate Shots in Same Trip
Ability to Illuminate Stations with Same Survey Designation
Then mouse over a shot in the 3D view to highlight all stations with the same survey designation as its from/to station. If the from and to station have different designations, both will be highlighted:
Cave Names in Compass Import
Breakout was importing cave names from Compass correctly, but they were causing a problem: Breakout would consider two stations to be part of different caves if the cave name in the Compass trips differed by a single letter (for example I've seen a mix of "Lechugilla Cave" and "LECHUGILLA").
To solve this I made Breakout stop importing cave names from Compass data, at least until I can think of a better solution to the problem.
Compass seems to treat any station A in a given file as station A regardless of the name of the cave, which is very impractical for dealing with multiple caves at once, because you have to manually add a prefix to each station name in your compass data.
Walls allows you set
#PREFIXes to easily differentiate multiple stations named A. But I think the prefix option is overly complicated and lends a bad structure to the data; since there should only be one station A in a given cave (if your survey organization is sane
- Fixed a bug where shots weren't being highlighted when selected, or unhighlighted when deselected
- Compass import was using compass trip comment as trip name; now it uses the compass trip name, plus the trip comment in parentheses
- fixed a major inclination processing error
- fixed a unit conversion error in Compass
.PLTfile import. The error affected stations in any trip with meters as the display unit.
- Still start up even if
user.homedirectory is unexpectedly
- Try to catch and display all startup errors in a dialog
(The release for my presentation at NSS 2017)
It's finally here! Just go to
File > Import > Import Walls data... and select your files. You should import a station position report (
.LST file) along with your
.SRV files to get the station positions from Walls loop closure.
There's now a nice 3D compass in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. It doesn't work on ortho views yet though.
- Breakout now stores settings and log files in your platform-specific app data directory instead of in the same folder as the app
- Fixed several issues with Compass import
- Adaptive zoom speed: zooming slows down as you get closer to passage, so that you don't accidentally zoom right through it.
- Various debug information is written to
breakout.logso that you can include it with bug reports
- Breakout shows a user-friendly error message when run with an old version of Java
- Bugs with date parsing and color by date were fixed
- A bug that prevented compass import from working at all was fixed
- The max station label density has been increased so that you can show lots of station labels when exporting high-res images
- Canceling background tasks wasn't working, now it does
- Adaptive Mouse Sensitivity: Now the mouse motion speed adjusts based upon how close to passage you're zoomed in -- the closer you are, the slower it moves. Before it would either move way too fast when zoomed in, or way too slow when zoomed out.
- fixed some issues with hovered passage glow
- fixed issues with some minor settings not applying when a project is opened
- Finally you can select display units in the dropdowns in the settings drawer. They currently affect the hovered shot info line, and the stats panel at the bottom of the left drawer.
- Added station label size slider
- Improved progress reporting for importing compass data and rebuilding 3D geometry -- now the progress bar makes more sense
I've tried hard to make Breakout label the most relevant stations and avoid cluttering the screen too much.
You can increase or decrease the number of labels shown, or turn off station labels entirely, by dragging the new "Station Labels" slider in the settings panel.
Now if you zoom in close enough, Breakout will show centerlines inside the passages. You can adjust how close you have to be to see the centerlines by dragging the new "Centerlines" slider in the settings panel.
- Drawers won't open while you're moving the camera around
- Some aspects of generated passage geometry are better, though I'm still actively working on improving it.