Facebook Cover Photo Template
Contained within is a single PSD, template.psd, with all the guides and helpers you need to prototype cool photos utilizing Facebook's timeline profiles. The PSD contains:
- A flat example image for context
- A group with placeholders for the cover photo, including an empty layer to add your photo. The empty layer is grouped with a container so your photo will automatically be bound to the area.
- A group with placeholders for the profile photo, also with an empty layer to add your photo.
Export the cover photo:
- Hide the Profile Photo group
- Hide the "cover photo border overlay" group inside of the Cover Photo group.
- Using the marquee tool, select the entire area of the cover photo placeholder, using the guides placed around the edges.
- Edit > Copy Merged, File > New (dimensions of new file should be 851 by 314), paste, and save for web.
Export the profile photo:
- Using the marquee tool, select the area of the "profile thumb placeholder" layer (125px x 125px) using the existing guides
- Edit > Copy Merged, File > New, paste, and save for web
Profile Photo CSS Info
- Box around thumbnail has white (#fff) border, radius of 2px, 4 pixel border.
- Profile image itself is 125 x 125, but with border (not shadow) is 133 x 133
- Outer shadow of 1px black at 75%.
Cover Photo CSS Info
- Photo has div overlay with inner border 1px solid, black at 25% opacity. Top border is black at 10% opacity.
- Photo is cropped at 851 x 314