Be aware! This gem currently requires mongoid to be included in your gemfile as such
gem "mongoid", :git => "git://github.com/mongoid/mongoid.git"
due to a type casting bug introduced in Mongoid version 2.0.0. The fix has not been released to rubygems.org yet.
A simple gem that creates a Money datatype for Mongoid.
Include the gem in your Gemfile
Now you can do things in your Mongoid documents like
field :price, :type => Money, :default => 9.99.dollars
field :price, :type => Money, :default => 10.dollars
field :price, :type => Money, :default => 99.cents
All Money values are converted and stored in mongo as cents.
You can also query against your Money fields. Just do the following:
Item.where(:price => 5.dollars)
Item.where(:price.gt => 10.dollars)
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2011 Jeff Bozek. See LICENSE.txt for further details.