Newline Madness, a plugin for gedit
Change newline type for the current document
All bug reports, feature requests and miscellaneous comments are welcome at https://github.com/jefferyto/gedit-newline-madness/issues.
v0.2.0 and higher requires at least gedit 3.2. (Untested with gedit 3.0; it may work :-) )
gedit 2 users should use v0.1.0 (requires at least gedit 2.29.5).
- Download the source code (as zip or tar.gz) and extract.
~/.local/share/gedit/plugins(create if it does not exist).
- Restart gedit, select Edit > Preferences (or gedit > Preferences on Mac), and enable the plugin in the Plugins tab.
To select a newline type for the current document, either:
- Select Edit > Change Line Endings; or
- Click on the line ending selector in the statusbar, between the tab width selector and cursor position information.
Note that changing the newline type cannot be undone with
Based in part on:
- Auto Tab by Kristoffer Lundén and Lars Uebernickel
- The gedit statusbar combo box widget
Copyright © 2010-2012 Jeffery To firstname.lastname@example.org
Available under GNU General Public License version 3