- Install elm 0.16
- Fork this repo
- Clone it locally
- cd into the directory
$elm make breakout.elm
- Agree to the prompts
To Do List:
A canvas that compiles Add a paddle that responds to key inputs Add a ball that bounces off the walls and paddles Add bricks that the ball bounces off of. Remove bricks when the ball hits the Bricks Multiple rows of bricks Game restarts once the ball goes out of play Game is started with the press of the space bar A method for scoring and displaying the score "Game Over" is displayed along with the score. Player restarts the game.
- Every time a row of bricks goes away, the ball goes faster
- Every time a row of bricks goes away, the paddle gets smaller
- When a row of bricks disappears, a new one appears behind it.
- Ball starts from the paddle
- User picks direction for initial shot
Nice to have:
- Each row of bricks is a different Color
- Animation when the brick is hit
- the paddle bounces slightly off each wall
- Sounds play when the ball hits the paddle and the bricks
- Motion of the paddle affects angle of ball
The score shouldn't be in the way, figure out somewhere else to put it.
- The ball sometimes goes through the paddle
- The ball sometimes goes through the back side of a brick.
- The ball sometimes appears to change direction without hitting anything