Kreacher, is a script to set up a Mac OS X laptop for Wistia development.
1) Install XCode, and the Command Line Tools for Xcode more info
2) While that is installing, download iTerm2.
4) Open iTerm2, and Set zsh as your login shell. (After running command, close and re-open iTerm2)
chsh -s /bin/zsh
To Order Kreacher to do your bidding
Run the script:
zsh < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/jeffvincent/kreacher/master/build)
What Kreacher will retrieve for you
- Ack for finding things in files
- Bundler gem for managing Ruby libraries
- Foreman gem for serving Rails apps locally
- Homebrew for managing operating system libraries
- Postgres for storing relational data
- Postgres gem for talking to Postgres from Ruby
- MySQL, for...MySQLing
- Rails gem for writing web applications
- Ruby stable for writing general-purpose code
- RVM for managing versions of the Ruby programming language
- Git, for tracking project versions efficiently
- SSH public key for authenticating with Github and Heroku
- Tmux for saving project state and switching between projects
It should take less than 15 minutes to install (depends on your machine).
$ brew doctor
To run doomcrank, you will need to install Ruby 1.8.7 (pending update). Follow the instructions in this post for the fix. If you have any trouble with cacerts, try: https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues/6103#issuecomment-1694558
So so much of this is based on Laptop by thoughtbot, inc. The names and logos for thoughtbot are trademarks of thoughtbot, inc.
Thank you to their contributors!
Because Typhon is heavily based on Laptop, seems right to use their license I think.
Laptop is © 2011-2012 thoughtbot, inc. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.