Nikita is a (admittedly rudimentary) ray tracer (not a path tracer just yet, but that is coming) that I've been writing.
Input & Output
- Reads XML Scene files
- Writes PNG image files
- Triangle Meshes read from SMF files
- Bouding Volume Hierarchy (BVH) tree
- Hall Shading Model:
- Image Textures
- Noise-based procedural textures
- Point Lights
- Spot Lights
- Pharr, M. and Humphreys, G., 2004. Physically based rendering: From theory to implementation. Morgan Kaufmann.
- Suffern, K.G. and Suffern, K., 2007. Ray Tracing from the Ground up. AK Peters.