JekyllEx is an Android App that allows you to manage a Jekyll Blog directly from your Android device!
Download and install the latest release of the app to start relishing the power of blogging from your mobile.
- GitHub: https://github.com/jekyllex
- Website: https://jekyllex.xyz
- Documentation: https://docs.jekyllex.xyz
- Api: https://api.jekyllex.xyz
- Demo blog used for testing jekyllex: https://demo.jekyllex.xyz
The development of JekyllEx Androi App is done on the dev branch.
The codebase of this app is based on the MVVM pattern. Here's a list of tools/libraries/components JekyllEx uses:
- Android Architecture Components
- Auth0 : For user authentication
- Retrofit : For network requests
- Room : For local database and caching user profile
- Kotlin extensions and Coroutines for Room
- Markwon : Markdown rendering
- App Updater : To check for updates from GitHub Releases
- Glide : For image loading.
- Firebase : For push notifications, analytics and crashlytics.
To build this app on your local machine:
Clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/jekyllex/jekyllex-android.git
gradle.propertiesfile in the cloned folder with the following content:
android.useAndroidX=true android.enableJetifier=true Auth0ClientId="enter Auth0 client ID here" API_AUDIENCE="enter custom API audience link here"
Other properties can vary from machine to machine, the required parameters are
Make a firebase project and add connect the project with it.
You're done with setting up local development!
Gourav Khunger - Learn more about me.
Please give this project a ⭐ to motivate me for improving JekyllEx!
Consider donating some coffee if you wish to support me to make more open source projects ;)
This project is
MIT License Copyright (c) 2021 Gourav Khunger Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.