Jellyfin Mobile is a mobile app built with Expo primarily targeting iOS devices. We welcome all contributions and pull requests! If you have a larger feature in mind please open an issue so we can discuss the implementation before you start. We use GitHub Projects as a general roadmap for releases.
Translations can be improved very easily from our Weblate instance. Look through the following graphic to see if your native language could use some work!
- Clone or download this repository.
git clone https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-expo.git cd jellyfin-expo
- Install build dependencies using npm in the project directory.
- Start the build tools.
- Follow the directions in the terminal or browser window to open on a device or emulator.
What is the difference between this and other Jellyfin app projects?
- This app (Jellyfin Mobile) is a web wrapper based on Expo with some native enhancements. It is available on the App Store for iPhone and iPad.
- Jellyfin Player iOS is a newer effort to create a media playback app in native Swift. It is a work in progress and currently only supports media playback. This project has been archived as there was no interest for maintaining it.
- Jellyfin React Client is an early project to create a single multiplatform app based on React Native. This project has been archived as we have changed direction to utilize native web wrappers on most platforms.