Jellyfin for Kodi
Kodi installs based on Python 2 are no longer supported
Our informal support target is current release±1,
which currently translates to Matrix (old), Nexus (current) and Omega (next).
The major version of Jellyfin for Kodi will be bumped for the first release without Python 2 support.
A whole new way to manage and view your media library.
The Jellyfin for Kodi add-on combines the best of Kodi - ultra smooth navigation, beautiful UIs and playback of any file under the sun, and Jellyfin - the most powerful open source multi-client media metadata indexer and server. You can now retire your MySQL setup in favor of a more flexible setup.
Synchronize your media on your Jellyfin server to the native Kodi database, browsing your media at full speed, while retaining the ability to use other Kodi add-ons to enhance your experience. In addition, you can use any Kodi skin you'd like!
The add-on supports a hybrid approach. You can decide which Jellyfin libraries to sync to the Kodi database. Other libraries and features are accessible dynamically, as a plugin listing.
- Library types available to sync:
- Movies and sets
- TV shows
- Music videos
- Other features supported:
- Simple Live TV presentation
- Home Videos & photos
- Theme media
- Direct play and transcode
- A 2-way watched and resume state between your server and Kodi. This is a near instant feature.
- Remote control your Kodi; send play commands from your Jellyfin web client or Jellyfin mobile apps.
- Extrafanart (rotating backgrounds) for skins that support it
- Offer to delete content after playback
- Backup your Jellyfin Kodi profile (Create and restore from backup )
- and more...
Install Jellyfin for Kodi
Detailed installation instructions can be found in the Jellyfin Client Documentation.
- Chapter images are missing unless native playback mode is used.
- Certain add-ons that depend on seeing where your content is located will not work unless native playback mode is selected.