Changelog for old versions
|WARNING: Changelogs have been moved to GitHub Releases|
See GitHub Releases
Release date: 2019-04-30
- PR-196: Javadoc fix in 3.40 did not work on JDK 11.0.3
- Miscellaneous dependency & plugin updates frnom
Release date: 2019-04-02
- PR-174: Forbid usage of TestNG (since it does not work anyway)
- PR-188: Pick up
- not clash with
Release date: 2019-03-31
- PR-170: Bump frontend-maven-plugin from 1.6 to 1.7.5
- PR-178: Bump maven-javadoc-plugin from 3.0.1 to 3.1.0
- PR-179: Bump maven-invoker-plugin from 3.1.0 to 3.2.0
- PR-180: Bump mockito-core from 2.24.5 to 2.25.1
- PR-184: Bump maven-scm.version from 1.11.1 to 1.11.2
Release date: 2019-03-08
- PR-173: Fix Javadoc related crash when using a JDK 11.0.2
- PR-167: Default value of
jenkins.versionchanged to 2.138.4 (but all plugins should override this with an explicit value)
- Various dependency and plugin updates (thanks
- flatten-maven-plugin from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0
- maven-localizer-plugin from 1.24 to 1.26
- spotbugs-annotations from 3.1.11 to 3.1.12
Release date: 2019-02-28
- Bulk update of Maven plugins in the Plugin POM (Dependabot evaluation)
Release date: 2019-02-28
- No changes included
Release date: 2019-02-04
- JENKINS-55885 -
Add support of executing
hpi:runwhen running with JDK 11
- WARNING: This patch does not setup environment for the JAXB dependency removed from Java 11.
If your plugin has a transitive dependency on JAXB,
it is recommended to run with
jenkins.version2.163 or above (JENKINS-55681)
- WARNING: This patch does not setup environment for the JAXB dependency removed from Java 11. If your plugin has a transitive dependency on JAXB, it is recommended to run with
Release date: 2019-01-28
- PR-128: Switch from FindBugs to SpotBugs
Release date: 2019-01-28
- PR-148: Update Powermock dependencies from
Release date: 2019-01-28
- PR-152: Update access-modifier from 1.15 to 1.16
- PR-153: Update jenkins-test-harness from
Release date: 2019-01-16
- JENKINS-55562 -
Maven HPI Plugin 3.2: Introduce a new
hpi.compatibleSinceVersionproperty to support marking plugins as incompatible without the plugin configuration override
- JENKINS-54949 -
Maven HPI Plugin 3.2: Add support of adding the current pom.xml to the custom WAR in the
- PR #149 - Upgrade Maven Surefire and Failsafe plugins from 3.0.0-M1 to 3.0.0-M3 (SUREFIRE-1541, SUREFIRE-1588, SUREFIRE-1608 )
- PR #147 -
Fix warning about deprecated
contextPathparameter when using hpi:run
- PR #146 - Remove the JitPack support, it is replaced by Incrementals (JEP-305)
Release date: 2018-12-21
- JENKINS-54631 -
Update the JaCoCo Maven Plugin to
0.8.2to support running with
- JENKINS-55098 -
Fix the objenesis version suggested in dependency management,
now it is
3.0.1as required by PowerMock
Release date: 2018-12-14
- PR #142 -
mvn hpi:runwas broken as of 3.29.
Release date: 2018-12-13
- PR #137, PR #138, PR #140 - Bulk update of Maven plugins
- JENKINS-55098 - Include Mockito and PowerMock to dependency management so that plugins can easily pick up versions with Java 11 support
Release date: 2018-12-05
- JENKINS-20679 -
Plugin POM now produces
Minimum-Java-Versionentry in the plugin manifest
java.levelproperty value is used by default
plugin.minimumJavaVersionproperty can be used to override the default value, e.g. for Java 11 experimental releases (JEP-211)
- WARNING: The override should not be used to define higher versions than the Jenkins core requirement until JENKINS-55048 is released and widely adopted
- JENKINS-20679 - Update to Maven HPI Plugin 3.0 (changelog)
- PR #136 -
Update to extra-enforcer-rules to
1.1to support JDK 11 bytecode checks
- PR #132 - Prevent warning about missing SLF4J providers during the build
Release date: 2018-11-07
- Backed out Surefire update in 3.27 due to some regressions, but adding an alternate workaround for the same bug.
Release date: 2018-11-07
- Surefire update to enable tests to be run on some Java versions, such as the current updates for Debian/Ubuntu.
Release date: 2018-10-30
maven-hpi-pluginwith a couple of bug fixes.
Release date: 2018 Oct 05
jenkins-test-harnesswith further fixes to the usage of temporary directories introduced in 3.22.
Release date: 2018 Oct 02
- Making sure the temporary directory introduced in 3.22 exists.
Release date: 2018 Sep 21
Release date: 2018 Sep 14
- The temporary directory for Surefire tests (used for, among many other things,
$JENKINS_HOMEunder test) now defaults to a location inside the
targetdirectory rather than a system default as before. The Maven property
surefireTempDircan be used to override this location in case of trouble.
Release date: 2018 Sep 05
mvn incrementals:updatemishandled property expressions.
Release date: 2018 Aug 27
- PR #120 -
Fix Maven site generation which was broken due to the dependency conflict (
Release date: 2018 Jul 20
- JENKINS-51869: revision numbers for Incrementals now reflect the drop of a
--first-parentargument, so typical numbers will be a few times larger.
completionGoalsconfiguration from 3.18.
Release date: 2018 Jul 16
- PR #117 -
incrementals:reincrementalifyis now invoked automatically in release completion goals
- PR #116 - Repository now references up-to-date Incrementals documentation
Release date: 2018 Jun 30
- PR #115 - Update Animal Sniffer Plugin from 1.16 to 1.17 to support signature scanning with JDK 10 (JENKINS-52155)
Release date: 2018 Jun 22
- PR #114 - Update Animal Sniffer Plugin from 1.15 to 1.16
- PR #114 -
Make Animal Sniffer Version configurable via the
Release date: 2018 Jun 12
- Pick up a fix to the access modifier checker to ignore synthetic code, relevant particularly in some generics constructs.
Release date: 2018 Jun 06
Release date: 2018 Jun 01
- Update HPI plugin from 2.3 to 2.6.
- Simplify usage of the Javadoc plugin, running it only when in release mode.
Release date: 2018 May 16
- Analogously to the change in 3.11, use
Release date: 2018 May 15
source:jar-no-forkgoal instead of
source:jarto avoid a Maven bug.
Release date: 2018 May 11
- Preconfigure the
incrementalsMaven plugin, so you can run
- For Incrementals mode, configure
flatten-maven-pluginto keep the generated POM in the
Release date: 2018 Apr 27
- Support for JEP-305 “Incrementals”. Guide
- Skip FindBugs checks during
release:performto save time.
- Minimum supported Maven version updated to 3.3.1 (higher if using Incrementals).
Release date: 2018 Apr 10
- Update Jenkins Test Harness from 2.34 to 2.38 (Changelog)
Release date: 2018 Apr 03
- Access modifier checker plugin updated to 1.14 and synchronized with the annotation library; introduces
@Restricted(Beta.class)which may be consumed in a downstream plugin by setting the POM property
Release date: 2018 Mar 09
- Access modifier checker plugin updated, making checks more strict in some cases, such as
@Restricted(NoExternalUse.class)on a type. You may pass
-Daccess-modifier-checker.failOnError=falseas a temporary workaround.
- Animal Sniffer plugin updated, fixing errors in certain cases, such as use of Java 9-enabled libraries.
Release date: 2018 Feb 19
- PR #95 - extend bytecode rule fix made in 3.2 to
task-reactor, needed for testing against Jenkins 2.105 and later.
- PR #94 - update
- PR #84 - Make FindBugs effort and threshold options configurable.
- Ignore Java 8 bytecode coming from Remoting and Stapler, permitting plugins with
java.level=7to still build (for example from
Jenkinsfile) with, for example,
- Run tests in alphabetical order.
java.levelto be specified in each POM. 3.0 had changed the default value to
8, causing plugins which had only overridden
jenkins.version(to something older to 2.60.x) to not be runnable on older Jenkins installations using Java 7.
- Fail early if using JDK 7 or earlier to build. (
jenkins-test-harnessupdated to 2.32.
- PR#83 DROP SUPPORT FOR JENKINS 1.x
- PR#87 Configure the maven-javadoc-plugin to link back to the Jenkins Javadoc
Release date: 2017, Oct 23
jenkins-test-harnessupdates to 2.31, important for testing against core 2.86+
concurrencyproperty deprecated; use
- FindBugs Maven plugin update to 3.0.5
Release date: 2017, Sep 27
Release date: 2017, Sep 20
- JENKINS-45245: allow IntelliJ IDEA to run
JenkinsRule-based tests, broken since 2.30 due to a mismatch with Maven’s idea of the test classpath.
Release date: 2017, Sep 18
- PR #74 -
Messagesclasses generated by Localizer with
- If the message is exposed intentionally, it is recommended to expose it via Java API class instead of a generated one.
- PR #71 - Specify the default Max Memory for Maven Surefire Plugin (768MB).
Release date: 2017, Aug 07
- JENKINS-41631 amendment to work better on new cores.
Release date: 2017, Jun 29
- JENKINS-41631 amendment to support 1.585- core versions.
Release date: 2017, Jun 26
- JENKINS-41631: use
requireUpperBoundDepsto prevent various common versioning problems, such as accidentally using incompatible plugin dependencies.
- JENKINS-44453: JenkinsRule should ensure that Jenkins reaches the COMPLETED milestone.
Release date: 2017, May 25
war-for-testartifact is no longer needed for functional tests, saving download bandwidth.
- Bundled Jetty was updated, so JDK 8 is required at build time.
- Setup Wizard disabled by default when using
hpi:run. To enable it use
Release date: 2017, May 19
- For plugins which use npm, load node and npm binaries from the Jenkins Artifactory rather than a third-party server; yarn-based plugins load just the node binary from Artifactory.
Release date: 2017, May 04
access-modifier-checkerto fix a critical bug (lack of enforcement of any method calls).
Release date: 2017, May 02
jenkins-test-harness, and more.
- Ability to specify
jenkins-war.versionseparately so as to depend on timestamped snapshots of Jenkins core.
Release date: 2017, Mar 22
- JENKINS-42800 -
Bump JaCoCo version from
0.7.9to be compatible with Jenkins JaCoCo plugin data format.
- The change introduces the new reporting format in JaCoCo.
It may cause regressions in build flows which have the
Release date: 2017, Mar 08
download-maven-pluginfor the benefit of plugins using npm.
- Removed broken attempt to activate
enable-jacocoprofile by default. Now disabled unless selected.
Release date: 2017, Feb 22
- Using version 2.18 of the test harness.
Release date: 2017, Feb 13
maven-hpi-pluginfor better snapshot behavior.
Release date: 2017, Jan 19
- Default to
concurrency=1. To run faster tests locally, use for example
<profile> <id>faster</id> <activation> <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault> </activation> <properties> <concurrency>1C</concurrency> </properties> </profile>
Release date: 2017, Jan 14
- Default to non-verbose javadoc generation logs. (PR #41)
Release date: 2016, Nov 10
- Fixed a critical regression in 2.18.
This release is BROKEN, use 2.19 instead.
Release date: 2016, Nov 08
This Incompatible for plugins declaring a
jar:test-jar execution; you must use the new property instead.
2.17 and earlier
Changes not recorded.