Tuleap Branch Source plugin for Jenkins
This jenkins plugin allow autodiscovery of Tuleap's git repositories and branches to automatically create jenkins jobs when branches have
Works with any recent version of Jenkins >= 2 (latest LTS preferred).
How to use
- Install the plugin (!)
- In Jenkins global configuration you should reference your Tuleap instance (only one server ATM)
- Then any Jenkins user can create a new "Tuleap project" job type
- They should have a
username/passwordjenkins credential with a user that can access the project you want to target
- They need to select the project they want to work on
- Update the filters (by default all repositories are ignored), for instance remove the "*" in "Exclude"
- Save the conf
- Then Jenkins should be automatically scanning the project
- Find all matching git repositories
- For each repo, scan all branches
- For each branch, when there is a
Jenkinsfilea job should be created and scheduled accordingly
- They should have a
- Make use of Tuleap API key instead of basic auth (server relief)
This would be a really good stuff for better performances (basic auth is really CPU intensive) however we don't know
how to do that properly today. There are 2 pain points
- First, we should use "Secret key" (or token) to store the AccessKey (instead of user/password) but we didn't find a good documentation for that ATM.
- Then the issue is that the same auth is used for API access and git operations (clone of repo, etc). However the access key cannot be used to do git operation so we should have 2 separated creds here.
On jenkins, connect to Tuleap
Configure Jenkins to accept a tuleap dev environment certificate
echo -n | openssl s_client -connect tuleap-web.tuleap-aio-dev.docker:443 | sed -ne '/-BEGIN CERTIFICATE-/,/-END CERTIFICATE-/p' > /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/tuleap-web.tuleap-aio-dev.docker.crt keytool -keystore /docker-java-home/jre/lib/security/cacerts -import -trustcacerts -storepass changeit -noprompt -alias tuleap-web-dev -file /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/tuleap-web.tuleap-aio-dev.docker.crt update-ca-certificates
You have a local java / maven env
Tested with OpenJDK 8
$> mvn clean install $> cp target/tuleap-branch-source.hpi onto jenkins
docker run -it --rm -v ~/.m2:/var/maven/.m2 -u $(id -u) -e MAVEN_CONFIG=/var/maven/.m2 -v "$(pwd)":/usr/src/mymaven -w /usr/src/mymaven maven:3.3-jdk-8 mvn -Duser.home=/var/maven clean install
- RAMBELONTSALAMA Haja (project's initiator)
- ROBINSON Clarck
- VACELET Manuel