Jenkins Warnings Next Generation Plugin
The Jenkins Next Generation Warnings plugin collects compiler warnings or issues reported by static analysis tools and visualizes the results. It has built-in support for almost one hundred report formats. Among the problems it can detect:
- errors from your compiler (C, C#, Java, etc.)
- warnings from a static analysis tool (CheckStyle, StyleCop, SpotBugs, etc.)
- duplications from a copy-and-paste detector (CPD, Simian, etc.)
- open tasks in comments of your source files
The Jenkins Next Generation Warnings plug-in replaces the whole Jenkins Static Analysis Suite. I.e. it makes the following Jenkins plugins obsolete: Android Lint, CheckStyle, Dry, FindBugs, PMD, Warnings, Static Analysis Utilities, Static Analysis Collector Plugins.
If your tool is not yet supported you can either define a new Groovy based parser in the user interface or provide a parser within a new small plug-in. If the parser is useful for other teams as well please share it and provide pull requests for the Warnings Next Generation Plug-in and the Analysis Parsers Library.
The plugin publishes a report of the issues found in your build, so you can navigate to a summary report from the main build page. From there you can also dive into the details:
- distribution of new, fixed and outstanding issues
- distribution of the issues by severity, category, type, module, or package
- list of all issues including helpful comments from the reporting tool
- annotated source code of the affected files
- trend charts of the issues
For more details please refer to the documentation.
All source code is licensed under the MIT license.