FriendFinder: Monster Edition
This application takes user input and compares it to other user input to see how well users match.
It's tough being a monster
Hiding in the dark and spending your days planning ways to best scare people can be a lonely existence. That's why FriendFinder: Monster Edition helps monsters feel that they are not alone.
How it works
This is a full stack application made using:
- Heroku (for deployment)
Friend Finder uses a quiz format to capture user information. The quiz requires users to submit a Name, Link to a photo of themselves, and answer a series of 10 personality questions. The questions are answered on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being "disagree" and 5 being "agree."
Upon hitting the submit button the user's answers are run through an algorithm that compares to previous user's answers. This is done by
- converting the answers to an array of numbers.
- comparing the user's answer to all previous answers question by question to get the difference of each. Such as:
- Current User Array index = 5
- Previous User Array index = 2
- The difference is 3
- Once all 10 answers in the array have been run through add the differences to get the Total Difference.
- The lowest Total Difference is the best friend match.
Once a match is found, a modal pops up with a new friend's name and photo.
A link to the Friends API will display the answers from all of the previous monsters who have taken the test.
Deploy to Heroku
The functioning app is deployed to Heroku HERE.
Monster icons were made by Darius Dan and can be found here at Flaticon.