This is version 4.0 of the AmiSSL library for Amiga based operating systems and the first public open-source based release of AmiSSL. Version 4.0 is a new major release which comes with full compatibility to the OpenSSL 1.1.x line which includes important security related fixes and comes with new encryption ciphers which are required nowadays to connect to modern SSL-based services (e.g. HTTPS). However, due to fundamental changes in the API between the old AmiSSLv3 and new v4 versions and the large changes between the old OpenSSL 0.9.x and the new OpenSSL 1.1.x line applications have to be recompiled with the updated AmiSSL SDK to take full advantage of the modernized OpenSSL 1.1.x API. Besides that fundamental change, AmiSSLv4 can be installed on top of a AmiSSLv3 installation while still ensuring that applications compiled for AmiSSLv3 will continue to work properly.
This release comes with binaries for the AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k platform only. Unfortunately, due to lack of motivated developers we couldn't provide working binaries for the MorphOS/PPC or AROS (PPC, i386, x86_64) platform in time. If you are, however, interested in seeing AmiSSL v4 being ported for these other Amiga-based platforms, please try to find motivated and talented developers who could join our team as proper maintainers for these alternative platforms. In addition, if you are a MorphOS or AROS developer yourself, feel free to send proper pull requests to see your platform supported in one of the next releases or please consider joining our team.
- AmigaOS 4.0+/PPC or AmigaOS 3.0+/68020+
- Updated OpenSSL backend to full compatibility to latest OpenSSL 1.1.0d (26 Jan 2017) version.
- Updated root certificate bundle to latest Mozilla-based bundle provided by https://curl.haxx.se/ca/
- Removed whole IsCipherAvailable() API and reenabled IDEA, MDC2 and RC5 ciphers as the protecting patents have expired during 2012 and 2015.
- Enabled all PPC ASM optimizations in OpenSSL.
- Switched build system to exclusively use GCC-based cross compilers for all platforms using proper baserel support for using the amissl shared library in a multi-application environment.
Please find the necessary installation archive as a lha archive file attached to this release. The file size of this file is 5.4 MB and the SHA256 checksum for it is: