Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is version 4.1 of the AmiSSL library for Amiga based operating systems and the first public open-source based release of AmiSSL. Version 4.x is a new major release which comes with full compatibility to the OpenSSL 1.1.x line which includes important security related fixes and comes with new encryption ciphers which are required nowadays to connect to modern SSL-based services (e.g. HTTPS). However, due to fundamental changes in the API between the old AmiSSLv3 and new v4 versions and the large changes between the old OpenSSL 0.9.x and the new OpenSSL 1.1.x line applications have to be recompiled with
the updated AmiSSL SDK to take full advantage of the modernized OpenSSL 1.1.x API. Besides that fundamental change, AmiSSLv4 can be installed on top of a AmiSSLv3 installation while still ensuring that applications compiled for AmiSSLv3 will continue to work properly.
This release comes with binaries for the AmigaOS4/PPC and AmigaOS3/m68k platform only. Unfortunately, due to lack of motivated developers we couldn't provide native binaries for the MorphOS/PPC or AROS (PPC, i386, x86_64) platform in time. If you are, however, interested in seeing AmiSSL v4 being ported for these other Amiga-based platforms, please try to find motivated and talented developers who could join our team as proper maintainers for these alternative platforms. In addition, if you are a MorphOS or AROS developer
yourself, feel free to send proper pull requests to see your platform supported in one of the next releases or please consider joining our team.
- AmigaOS 4.0+/PPC, AmigaOS 3.0+/68020+ or MorphOS
- Updated OpenSSL backend to full compatibility to latest OpenSSL 1.1.0e (16.02.2017) version.
- MorphOS can now be selected as an install target with the OS3/m68k version being installed. For a native PPC version we would require some work to be done by some talented MorphOS developers.
- Added some m68k asm replacement code for potentially speeding up BN calculation routines.
- Added AmiUpdate compatibility.
- included a newlib compiled version of libamisslauto.a.
- Minor improvements/Fixes for install script.
Please find the necessary installation archive as a lha archive file attached to this release. The file size of this file is 5.6 MB and the SHA256 checksum for it is: