Play Framework 2.2.x module for JPA with Hibernate
Why do we need this?
See this blog entry here.
This module should help you work with JPA instead of Ebean as your ORM layer. It provides a Finder-like implementation to facilitate working with the database layer.
- Better @Transactional annotations (http://www.jensjaeger.com/2013/11/replace-play-transactional-with-something-better/)
- A generic helper for database related tests with play 2 and JPA (http://www.jensjaeger.com/2013/12/a-ebean-like-finder-for-jpa/)
- A Ebean like finder for JPA (http://www.jensjaeger.com/2013/12/a-ebean-like-finder-for-jpa/)
How to use
Currently, you have to compile the code yourself and put it in your local dependency repository.
Follow the steps below to use it in your own application:
- Start up the play console by running
playon the command line.
- Make sure you have the play4jpa project enabled by executing the command
projects(there should be a * in front of play4jpa).
- Compile the project by running
- Publish the project to your local repository:
- In your own project, edit the
Build.scalafile and add
"play4jpa" %% "play4jpa" % "0.1-SNAPSHOT"to your appDependencies (note the first double %)
- In your Models, extend the
com.play4jpa.jpa.models.Modeland add a
com.play4jpa.jpa.models.Finderstatic field (exactly like for Ebean)
- For samples see the test cases in the module or the sample application in the repository (the latter one is not yet finished)!
This software is licensed under the Apache 2 license, quoted below.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this project except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.