What is Ghendetta?
Ghendetta (contraction of Ghent & Vendetta) is an application which is a result of the studenthackathon at Apps For Ghent 2012 http://appsforghent.be. Team iRail came up with this idea and kept developing this concept. The entire site is built on the CodeIgniter php framework.
What it does?
Ghendetta is a foursquare extension. It's actualy sort of a game, to conquer a city in real-time. Users are able to login with their foursquare account. After that, they will be part of a 'clan' and their check-ins are like points for zones of the city. The team with the most points for a certain zone, owns it. The game goes on without an end, because check-ins are only valid for seven days. After that you might lose your zone.
How to start?
Get all files
- First get all source code in a directory and point your apache webserver to host this code.
- Put a standard CodeIgniter config.php file in the application/config folder
- Put a standard CodeIgniter database.php file in the application/config folder
- Adjust all needed configuration settings in those two files
Register your application on foursquare
- Create a foursquare.php file in the application/config folder
- Go to https://foursquare.com/oauth/ and register your application.
- Inside php tags (<?php ?>), enter $config['param'] = 'value'; for the following parameters: ** client: your registered application's clientid on foursquare ** secret: your registered application's secret on foursquare ** callback: http(s)://example.com/foursquare/callback ;
- fill your database with the script... Actualy, that's still to be determined if we're making that publicly available.
- Be sure you have the php5-curl package installed.
Copyright © 2012 iRail vzw/asbl – Some rights reserved – AGPLv3
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
If you want to use Ghendetta for your own city, country or game in general, please contact board@iRail.be.
- Xavier Bertels – xavier at iRail.be
- Miet Claes – miet at iRail.be
- Hannes Van De Vreken – hannes at iRail.be
- Jens Segers – jens at iRail.be