Car Simulator pedals for Arduino, I work with occasionally to develop. If you want to develop this project feel free to do pull request to this repository.
- Update to support never version of MHeironimus/ArduinoJoystickLibrary
- Work with better feeling in pedals
- Maybe modify code to use rX rY and rZ axis to better reflect usual pedals axis.
This Arduino pedals have gas, brake and clutch and use a Arduino (Windows native drivers) to connect to usb port.
Parts you need to this project
- Arduino Pro Micro or any board based on ATmega32U4
- Usb cable between Arduino board and computer.
- 3 piece Slide Potentiometer 5kohm or hall sensors.
- 3 cheap styling pedals for cars.
- Some metall to build pedal construction in
- Nuts, bolts and cables to potentiometer
For this you need to download MHeironimus/ArduinoJoystickLibrary (LGPL-3.0) and my Arduino project
This electrical drawings in made in Eagle.
Building Pedal construction
I build my pedal construction in steel and welding it together. One tricky part was to find spring with correct feeling. You have to test what you like. I also fond that 100mm from bottom to center of pedal was a good length for my foot.
Pedals drawings is done in Sketchup.
Test run in Project Cars
See this Youtube clip
This project is licensed under the terms of the GNU V.3 license.