Is a solution to automatically create, cache, and deliver device-appropriate versions of your website’s content images. It does not require you to change your mark-up. It is intended for use with Responsive Designs and to be combined with Fluid Image techniques.
- Ensures you and your visitors are not wasting bandwidth delivering images at a higher resolution than the vistor needs.
- Will work on your existing site, as it requires no changes to your mark-up.
- Is device agnostic (it works by detecting the size of the visitors screen)
- Is CMS agnostic (it manages its own image re-sizing, and will work on any CMS or even on flat HTML pages)
- Is entirely automatic. Once added to your site, you need do no further work.
- Highly configurable
- Set the resolutions you want to become adaptive (usually the same as the ones in your CSS @media queries)
- Choose where you want the cached files to be stored
- Configure directories to ignore (protect certain directories so AI is not applied to images within them)
Find out more, and view examples at http://adaptive-images.com
Adaptive Images by Matt Wilcox is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License