Chingu FCC Speedrun Challenge
The code in this repo was written as part of a Chingu FCC Speedrun Challenge.
It was planned as a month-long attempt at completing as many Free Code Camp projects as possible. About 3 weeks in, I started a group project as part of a Chingu Voyage Cohort and abandoned the project.
As you can see, I was able to build the functionality for the Pomodoro, Random Quote Generator, Simon, Tic Tac Toe, Tribute, Weather and Wiki apps. I also started building out a server and authentication for the backend apps, but that's when the Chingu Cohort took over my time.
I did not get to styling any of the apps with the exception of the Tribute and Simon.
You can find the rules to the Speedrun below. I do not plan on building out this repo any more. I do hope to try another speedrun in the future, but will either start over with a different section of the FCC portfolio or with a different set of apps entirely.
This will be a month-long challenge to see how many Free Code Camp projects I can complete.
This is part of P1xt's Chingu FCC Speedrun Challenge.
I will be completing this challenge on my own using the MEAN stack.
Rules from the Chingu FCC Speedrun Challenge
- Pick one stack and stick to it (it'll make Phase 2 easier). Any stack is fine, but stick to just one.
- You may reuse code you previously wrote, but try to improve on your prior effort in some way.
- You may work in pairs for Phase 1 and contribute to a shared repository for Phase 1.
- Each individual must complete Phase 2 solo, in their own repository.
- For each project in Phase 1, each participant must write their own blog post about their experience working on that project. This can be on your own blog, Medium, wherever and can contain whatever you want: a brief blog style ramble about how you felt during the project, a tutorial explaining some concept you learned during the project, a series of photos showing your cat sleeping on your desk while you worked on the project - whatever - but something.
- All code for Phase 1 should be committed to your fork of this repo.
- Phase 2 code should be in a separate repository each participant creates to contain their personal Portfolio SPA.
- You may ask for help and help others - preference should always be given to helping someone understand, not handing them code they don't.
- If someone is stuck, you may pair with them to help them get unstuck (on as many projects as you want) even if you're doing your own entry/ separately or with another pair.
- If someone pairs with you to help you get unstuck, be sure to make a note to credit them in your repo and in your blog posts.
- For Phase 1, all of your code should be committed/pushed to the appropriate directories in your fork of this repository.
- For Phase 1, you do NOT need to host the projects on a live site, merely test them locally, then commit your code.
- For Phase 1, you must write a blog post for each project you complete and link to it in the projects table (in your fork of) this README file.
- For Phase 2, you must each create a repository to hold your individual Phase 2 project, then link to that project in the portfolio/README.md file of this project.
- For Phase 2, you must both commit your code to github, and host a live version of your project.
Who can complete the most projects in Phase 1?
Who can make the most complete and professional looking portfolio in Phase 2?
Note: This is the type of competition where, yes, winning is awesome, but participating and giving it your all is the best prize, and everyone can get that :D
Copy this table as needed to make a separate table for each team member for recording blog posts
|Comprehensive Portfolio as a Single Page App|
|9/6/17||Medium Post||Build a Tribute Page|
|Build a Personal Portfolio Webpage|
|9/8/17||Medium Post||Build a Random Quote Machine|
|9/11/17||Show the Local Weather|
|9/12/17||Build a Wikipedia Viewer|
|Use the Twitch.tv JSON API|
|9/22/17||Build a Pomodoro Clock|
|9/21/17||Build a Tic Tac Toe Game|
|Build a Simon Game|
|Build a Markdown Previewer|
|Build a Camper Leaderboard|
|Build a Recipe Box|
|Build the Game of Life|
|Build a Roguelike Dungeon Crawler|
|Visualize Data with a Bar Chart|
|Visualize Data with a Scatterplot Graph|
|Visualize Data with a Heat Map|
|Show National Contiguity with a Force Directed Graph|
|Map Data Across the Globe|
|Request Header Parser Microservice|
|URL Shortener Microservice|
|Image Search Abstraction Layer|
|File Metadata Microservice|
|Build a Voting App|
|Build a Nightlife Coordination App|
|Chart the Stock Market|
|Manage a Book Trading Club|
|Build a Pinterest Clone|