A Banjo Made Me a Better Developer
What does a banjo have to do with software development? They both require learning. And picking up a banjo later in life showed me 3 things that I've brought into my developer life. (1) You can learn; a growth mindset removes blockages. (2) You don't have to be afraid to ask for help; experienced banjoists/developers can point you in the right direction. (3) You don't have to be perfect before you share what you've learned; it's okay to show what you have "in progress". In combination, these have made me a better banjo player and a better developer.
- A Banjo Made Me a Better Developer (Dev Around the Sun May 2020)
Articles and Resources (from Jeremy)
- Fixed Mindset vs. Agile Mindset
- You Aren't Instantly Awesome, and That's Okay
- You Aren't Instantly Awesome, But You Can Get Better with Practice
- Asking Questions Shows Strength, Not Weakness
- Don't Be Afraid to Show What You Don't Know
- Help Those Behind You
- Meet the Next Code Camp (or User Group) Speaker: You!
- Thank You, Linda Rising
- Jeremy Explores Functional Programming (including Euler Problems)
- Low Risk vs. High Risk
- Taking the Risk