Kiloton is a web framework for Crystal that is loosley inspired by Ruby on Rails. It does not aspire to be as featureful as Rails but intends to provide a more comprehensive out of the box experience for the core components of a web app.
For me this means:
- Compiles to a single static binary for easy deployment
- No need to be running auxilliary services. Infrastructure you need is builtin.
- No need to run sidekiq or equivalent, scalable job running is builtin.
- No need to run seperate websocket server because the builtin one will Just Work at scale.
- Seamless horizontal scaling with no need to worry about primary/secondary semantics
- Cron/Scheduled jobs will be scheduled by one server but executed by many
- Production ready by default
- Automatically scales vertically on a single machine to the amount of cores available
- All default behaviour will be scalable. No toy/cute behaviour that needs to changed later.
- First class async workflows
- Sometimes a business process is more complicated than a single endpoint
- These highlevel flows should be first class instead of adhoc