This script runs through a very simple demonstration of a local git repository.
- Do you have ruby 1.8.7 or higher installed?
- Yes. Goto next item.
- No. You’ll need to do that.
- Download and extract the source
git clone https://github.com/jeremyf/git-demo.git
- or click the Zip button up above and extract to the downloaded directory
- Make sure you have a ~/Desktop folder defined
- In the downloaded directory, type bundle install; bundle exec ruby main.rb
- Read what is happening and be ready to [Press Enter to continue]
You’ll need Cgwyn and I make no promises that anything will work.
For more information see the book