Mister Plow is:
- A scraper for the DC City snowplow location data.
- A lightweight Flask app for returning JSON.
Either of these things might be useful to you.
See it in action!
- Map via @vtcraghead: http://dev.geosprocket.com/mapbox/dcplows/
- API: http://www.jeremybowers.com/plow/vehicles/
- Install mongodb.
- Run mongodb locally.
- Create a virtualenv for this project.
pip install -r requirements.txt
/plow/: Returns a list of snowplow incidents, sorted newest-to-oldest.
/plow/vehicles/: Returns a list of vehicles, with a list of snowplow incidents per vehicle, sorted newest-to-oldest.
/plow/vehicles/<vehicle_id>: Returns a list of snowplow incidents for a single vehicle, sorted newest-to-oldest.
Run the cron every five minutes as the ubuntu user. Note: This user is not required, just an example.
*/5 * * * * ubuntu /usr/local/bin/virtualenvwrapper.sh && workon mister-plow && /home/ubuntu/apps/mister-plow/repository/scraper.py