IQueryable Expression Examples
Examples for the presentation Inside IQueryable: The Power of .NET Expressions.
Click here for the presentation deck.
.ipynb extension is for Jupyter notebooks. To run these locally, follow the instructions
at .NET Interactive.
The notebooks demonstrate:
- Introduction to expressions
- Example of using expressions to construct a new type instance
- Advanced expressions (combining multiple branches and using expression blocks)
- Introduction to queries
The remaining projects are runnable as is.
CtorPerformance project is a benchmark showing how long it takes to create new
instances using various methods. The best way to see the results is to navigate to the project
root folder and type:
dotnet run --configuration release
The project should be run in Release mode.
This is a sample app showing how expressions can be serialized using the
.Server project for startup to run. It will automatically generate and seed the
initial Sqlite database.
This application shows several ways to mutate queries to perform tasks such as:
- Enforce limits on the query return ("guard rails")
- Intercept predicates in the tree
- Evaluate ALL predicates against ALL values to debug why some are
trueand others are